Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    32diamonds Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Computer in a loop?
    When I turn on the computer it acts like its going to open windows xp, then it goes to a blackscreen that says no signal, and the restart info screen. I tried it on 2 monitors and they both say the same thing, no signal. Not sure what is werong.

Help,

:confused:
    spectre327 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 32diamonds
    when i turn on the computer it acts like its going to open windows xp, then it goes to a blackscreen that says no signal, and the restart info screen. I tried it on 2 monitors and they both say the same thing, no signal. not sure what is werong.

help,

:confused:

I've experienced something similar on my old Toshiba Laptop. Firstly, you need to ensure that all video devices (monitors connected to the tower) are plugged in correctly and snugly. If the message continues to display, you may have a corrupted Operating System.

To reinstall Win-XP, reboot the computer and press F8 or F12, depends on the computer, to go to the boot-up screen. Select boot to command prompt. Type: format c: it will ask for confirmation, do so.

When it has finished the format, put your Windows XP disk into the optical drive and reboot. Follow the directions for the reinstall and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps
    altramsol Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 12:57 PM
    WOW formatting the C: drive is one big assumption. While this may eventually be the resolution you will lose everything you have on your computer.

Have you recently installed any new hardware or software on your computer? If so, right after the BIOS boot screen and before you begin to see the XP startup screen click on F8 once or twice, this will walk you through the option of coming up in Safe Mode. Once in safe mode you can uninstall the new software/hardware or try using system restore (Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System restore). Choose a date from prior to this condition.
    spectre327 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 01:21 PM
    He cannot do that because he cannot get windows to boot completely. So any solution requiring any windows application will not work. Unless his video ports are damaged, bad, or not properly connected, and BIOS hasn't been tampered with, the only solution, I have been able to use was to reformat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Components in a loop [ 4 Answers ]

What component is present in every part of a loop, such as one that involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugar?

Intel computer stuck in POST boot loop [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all, Thanks for checking out my problem. I built an Intel D865GBF desktop computer. Initiallaly installed Windows XP sp 1 and all was fine. When Windows XP SP 2 was available I update to it. Everything was running fine for over 2 years, then we got the dreaded BSOD, upon reboot we see the...

Loop Vents [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have a trick for telling which rough-in stub is the loop vent and which is the waste line? I found plumbing under my kitchen island and would like to add a bar sink. Typically a loop vent connects back to the waste line after the vent to roof lateral.

Restat loop [ 7 Answers ]

Every time I turn my computer on it will go into a restart loop: on,off,on,off etc. Like a continuous restart mechanism. On normal bootup I reach the desktop to be met with error messages telling me my System has recovered from a serious error. I click "DOnt send" and another pops up. After...

View more questions Search