Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emo child96 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Sep 14, 2007, 11:01 AM
    How to be a great emo
    :confused: :confused: what clothes and bands etc do I need 2 like to become I already like most emo music help.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Hot Topic would be a good place to pick up a few things.
    aguilar64 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Even though being emo is a fad the real truth behind those kids is that they are really emotional and they dress by how they feel so in other words if you feel down all the time then dress like that if you don't then dress how you want. It is better to be yourself than to be another
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 11:15 AM
    I agree, just be yourself, why do you want to dress and look like an emo kid?

Obviously your not or you would just already know what types of clothes they normally wear, just be yourself and you'd be a lot happier.
    emo child96 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Sep 15, 2007, 01:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    I agree, just be yourself, why do you want to dress and look like an emo kid?

Obviously your not or you would just already know what types of clothes they normally wear, just be yourself and you'd be alot happier.
    I no you are being helpful but the reason I might as well be 1 is because my mum and dad always argue.and I rely getting upsat and anoyed.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2007, 02:41 AM
    You don't need to conform to any stereotypes, just be yourself :) You don't want to be fake do you?
    emo girl45 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 03:03 PM
    OK listen, don't just like bands you don't like just to conform. Be yourself. But if you really want some bands- Thursday, dashboard confessional(maybe) red jumpsuit apparatus, cartel, rites of spring, mineral, the juliana theory, boys like girls, jimmy eat world
    And that's all I can think of off the top of my head
    Oh, black skinny jeans
    Band t-shirts
    Striped t shirts
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Gee I guess I have a 2% start I do the black skinny jeans and T shirts and some
    Hot Topix stuff ~L0VE their Rag doll perfume and have a pair of platform boots with straps from there.

Does being old enough to be your granny disqualify me?
    Attached Images

J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 10, 2007, 05:25 PM
    I don't understand why you want to be like other people. Why not be yourself?

Emo is a fad, it signifies depression and suicidal tendencies. Sure the clothes may look cool, but is this how you really are? Are you depressed? Are you suicidal?

Emo, correct me if I am wrong, means Emotional, and not in the good sense. Every time I see something "emo" I see blood, depression, sadness. Is this how you want to represent yourself?
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2007, 05:33 PM
    J_9 I need to spread some reputation :)

Or I'd do your rate button.

That is why I was always only a 'hippie want to be' I loved the clothes and the music
    After that I was my own individual. YOU are right it is best to build your individuality and
    I hope life teaches her that for the BEST. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 10, 2007, 05:40 PM
    I love the boots NoHelp, they are way cool. I have some that are a little shorter with spike heels rather than platforms.

But I refuse to conform just for popularity. I have taught all of my children that personality begins with them, not what other people do or say.

It is better to make a statement being WHO you are rather than dressing or acting like other people.

It makes me sad to see kids who think that they are "emo" or want to be "emo" as it is a serious illness, not something to be chuckled at, laughed at, or excited about. Emo is depression in the language of the teen these days. It is a very sad state for our youngsters.
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2007, 05:51 PM
    J_9
    I was depressed when I was a kid but it forced me to search my soul and get creative and
    Develop my personality. I didn't have anybody to teach me like you said you taught your kids but that is exactly what I figured out on my own. When I was in my 20's and met people and they would ask me if I wanted to get high or do things 'everybody else' is doing they said "Wow, I admire your being your own person."
    emoizme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Being emo isn't bad it takes away all the pain in life personaly I think emo is good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emo clothing? [ 12 Answers ]

Ummm hi :D Is emo clothing so over??

Do emo girls like emo guys? [ 32 Answers ]

I absolutely adore emo girls. I'm 17yo and don't look all that emo, but I am. Do I have to dress emo to get them to like me?

Great Dane Great Strain? [ 8 Answers ]

I love great danes!! I have and always will love them. In general I love big dogs! My question is though if I were to get a great dane what's my cost looking at what are some of the problems that are spefic to great danes behaviour and health wise (ex. Yorkies have hip problems) also I really want...

What is EMO? [ 18 Answers ]

I have heard a lot of people talk aboute some style called "emo" at school. Afraid of sounding like a complete moron, I ask all you people at ask me helpdesk: What is the defenition of emo? :confused:

View more questions Search