Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yamaha750 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2005, 06:23 PM
    3 lights ran between 2 3-ways, can one of these lights be controlled by a 3rd switch?
    There are 3 lights connected, 2 in one room and the third at the bottom of the stairs. There is a 3-way at the top of the stairs and another in the room with the 2 lights. This guy would like to also be able to switch off just the 3rd light at the bottom of the stairs. I did not dig into this too far but it appears the load, 3 lights and 2 switches are tied into one box. I can't throw in a single-pole before the 3rd light because he would like to turn it on/off from the other 2 locations as well.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2005, 02:28 AM
    One solution is to use X-10 devices, which will allow a remote switch (transmitter) to be located wherever desired along with a receiver relay at the light desired to be controlled separately.

http://www.leviton.com/sections/prod...d/npleadin.htm

Review the information at the link I have provided and get back with any additional questions. There may be comprimises that may be necessary, but this may work out for the situation.
    Yamaha750 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2005, 02:42 PM
    Thanks
    I checked out that page and copied it for the guy to have a look at.
    Hopefully this will work for him :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion Sensing Wall Switch causes flickering lights [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought a Cooper Motion sensing wall switch. I wired it (correctly?) and I am getting flickering lights when the switch automatically turns itself off. I have good lights in the "on" positions, and when I turn the lights off there is no flicker. However, when the "motion" stops, the light...

Dash Lights [ 1 Answers ]

So many of the lights in my dash have burned out that I can't see how fast I'm going at night! In the repair books it shows six screws on the face plate of the instrument cluster, mine doesn't have any. Anyone familiar with this? 1991 Chevy S-10 Pick-up. Thanks

Wiring one switch for multiple lights [ 2 Answers ]

I understand the wiring for a single switch for a single light but what do I do with multiple lights on the one switch without making the whole circuit run off that switch. There are other outlets that need constant power on the same line as the two lights.

Too many lights [ 2 Answers ]

How many lights can you run off one 15 amp breaker in order to be in compliance of code?

HB lights? [ 2 Answers ]

I have moved into a house with two ceiling fans without lights. I want to add lights to them. I THINK they are HAMPTON Bay, but am not sure. Can't find model numbers, but styles seem similar to HB fans. I'm looking for a place to buy a light fixture that fits with the fans. ANy suggestions?

View more questions Search