Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zettler Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2004, 10:15 PM
    Possible virus/spyware issue
    I just can't seem to keep our PC's clean!

This one appears to be my fault for a change. I downloaded 3DMark2001 SE tonight, and when I installed it, it wouldn't work. Then I decided to run Norton AV and it crashes every time when it hits my download file on my desktop about halfway through.

Tried running Spybot Search and Destroy (twice) - and it crashed and does a memory dump this time about 75% through its run.

Then I finally get it (S-S&D) to run, and just about when its done, a box appears that says "Error" and contains the following text, "Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 46BBFB02. Lesen von Adrese 46BBFB02"

I am in the USA, what the heck!

Right now I just ran a Norton Security Scan which went fine and now its half way through Virus Detection without anything.

What have I done!/?

I ran AdAware, CWShredder, Spyware Blaster et al, and they did their duty but this on REALLY CONCERNS ME!

Any thoughts out there?
    Sparda Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2004, 05:40 PM
    Re: Possible virus/spyware issue
    OK well before you go any ferther with this I suget you try a safe mode norton and Spybot S&D scan to get in to safe more (you didn't mention what OS your using but all windows versions are the same) constantly press (you don't have to constanyl press it but it just makes sure the computer get the message) F8 until you get to the boot menu (some motherborad have F8 set as there boot menu buton so you have to select your boot devise then instantly haver you selected it press F8 ) you select safe mode and with 2k/xp select the correct instalation (most ststems have 1 instalation but some Pros have multi OS's installed) hope this helps.
    zettler Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2004, 07:29 PM
    Here is something else I found after I posted last night - it came from Spybot S&D:

ProcessID:  6712
    Filename:  Set1C5.tmp
    Found InL  C:\Doc... \dad\Local... \Temp\
    Identified as:  FunWebProducts

There are some files that are dificult to delete (above) and I had to finally quit last night due to being reeeaaall late.

Right now, its sitting shut down until I have the time to go through it - again.

And in response, it is a Windows XP PRO PC, wired to a wireless setup.  I would really hate to reinstall Windows XP - again!

Thanks for you're your insight and suggestions.  I will try it either tonight or tomorrow and let you know what I discover.
    Sparda Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2004, 01:56 PM
    After a quick Google search I found the web site that probably put the spyware on your PC. From the look of the website it probably will have a Dialer on it (a dialer is a script that will automatically with out telling you or any one dial a ISP that is anonymous, but ALL anonymous ISP's cost rediculusly LARGE amounts of money (like £10/min) but this only effects people with Dial-up connections if you have DSL (of any kind) your OK. Also Spybot - S&D's imunization will probably keep your computer safe from MOST spyware (including FunWebProducts)
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 18, 2005, 07:47 PM
    Try some of these to help
    For Spyware protection and general help cleaning up the computer and registry I recommend,

The following files, as I have found 1 or even 2 is not always enough, as 1 may find

Something the others do not, so protect yourself with several programs, if may be a pain,

But a needed one.

Spyware
    Microsoft New SPyware program-Formerly Giant spyware, they bought it out.
    Spysweeper
    Spybot search and destroy
    Adware SE
    Aluria's Spyware Eliminator
    Spyhunter
    &
    Spyware Blaster, this one prevents certain items, before they are even installed, it does

Not clean.

I would suggest at the very least 3 or more of the above programs.

Registry and Fix and Repair programs
    Fix it Utilities 5 this one has an excellent Scandisk, better than the one with your OS
    Advanced System Optimizer
    Ace Utilities
    System Mechanic 5

Any 2 or more of these.

And download the Google toolbar with built in pop up stopper for your browser is good.

And a good solid Anti Virus Program or 2, updated weekly.
    PC-Cillin
    AVG Anti Virus
    Bitdefender
    Etrust EZ Anti virus

I would suggest using 2 of these.

A good defragging Program or 2
    Diskeeper Lite
    Perfect Disk.

Also run from Start/run type in chkdsk then let that run then type in chkdsk /f to help fix

WinXP errors.

Also use the below website, that tests and reviews some for the best programs out for many

Different things, they give you side by side comparisons and rate each one in many

Categories.
    http://www.toptenreviews.com/ :cool:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2005, 06:29 AM
    Spyware
    Hi,
    I very highly suggest using this great, free program:

http://www.download.com/SpywareBlast...ml?tag=lst-0-2

It stops stuff from getting into your computer in the first place.
    I haven't had a single issue since using it now for about a month.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 19, 2005, 09:20 AM
    Help
    Thanks Fredg it's on my list already
    blaisesula Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2006, 03:15 PM
    Hello fellows, How do I delete an infected file C:\windows\system32\geeba.dll I want to do this manually because no antivirus is able to do this
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Jan 19, 2006, 11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blaisesula
    Hello fellows, How do I delete an infected file C:\windows\system32\geeba.dll i want to do this manually because no antivirus is able to do this
    Boot into safe mode (press F8 continuosly while the computer is powering up, then select "Safe Mode" from the black-and-white menu you are presented with). You should be able to delete it.

If not, post back and we'll see what's next.

EDIT: Actually, check out this link. Sounds like your problem to me...

Cheers,
    Moishe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virus/spyware infection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, my PC was recently infected with a virus. Now I am a regular user of Crap Cleaner and Ad-Aware (I use both at least twice weekly), but my anti-virus protection was lacking. Anyway I used Norton 2006 to try and rid my PC of the virus but found it largely ineffective. I'm now using Zone...

Best spyware and Virus Protection [ 7 Answers ]

I just had to format my hdrive because my virus protection did not catch the viruses. I'm using V-Com that has ghost surf and the built in firewall. I was reading some of the previous posts and some of you sugguested running two virus programs at the same time. Would there be any conflicts doing...

Is BackWeb a virus, spyware, or adware [ 2 Answers ]

I've heard that 90% of computers are infected with BackWeb. Does anyone have any information on BackWeb? Is BackWeb a virus, spyware, or adware?

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search