Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calikimk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2005, 01:01 PM
    vinyl flooring
    Is it OK to install vinyl flooring directly on top of a cement slab.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2005, 01:53 PM
    Any little rough spot will soon show through. You can eliminate that with floor leveler sold where flooring is sold. You can also fix low spots with it.
    Borewyrm Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Dec 8, 2005, 06:30 AM
    Also make sure to clean the surface... then clean it again... then one more time. After it is claen and dry (since mopping was in order) use a primer agents. They sell it near the flooring in your local home store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Peel and stick vinyl tiles [ 4 Answers ]

Looking to use these in my kitchen because I can't get the same pattern on a roll of vinyl.Now I have never used these before and have a couple questions.I know they come with glue on the backs but how good is it.Does it hold for a short time but then they come loose.See wondering if I should add...

How do I choose the right vinyl siding? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to hire a contractor to put vinyl siding on my farm house, replacing the aluminum siding damaged by hail. I've heard quality of vinyl runs across the board. I don't want the cheap stuff they put on slab vinyl box homes. Some questions I have are: What should I look for in choosing...

Vinyl tubing for plumbing [ 3 Answers ]

The water line for my outdoor hose runs just under the I-beams of my basement ceiling. It is currently 3/4" copper. I want to put that into the ceiling so I can finish the basement off. I found 3/4" clear flexible vinyl tubing at the home improvement store that can be put through the holes in each...

View more questions Search