Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    650 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2005, 12:03 PM
    Kz650 specs
    Can anyone tell me what the carb float measurement should be for a 1978 kz650. I just rebuilt the carbs and they still leak gas from the bowls. Any suggestions?
    boatpilot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2005, 03:09 PM
    Float adj
    There is a special tool kawasaki # 57001-208. All it is is a banjo bolt in a fitting with a nipple on it for a clear plastic hose and screws into the float bowl drain. With a little thought you can make something that will do the trick. The procedure is easy. Mark a line on your hose 3-4 inches from the fitting. This will be your zero mark. After installing the tool turn your fuel on and let your bowl fill up while looping your hose around and holding the zero line even with the bottm edge of the carb body. Read the service fuel level in the plastic tube. The proper level should be 2.5-4.5mm BELOW from the bottom edge of the carb body to the fuel level. If it is not you must take your bowl off and bend the tab on your float. This may take a couple of tries and you have to do it for each carb. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    johnguedj Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 650
    Can anyone tell me what the carb float measurement should be for a 1978 kz650. I just rebuilt the carbs and they still leak gas from the bowls. Any suggestions?
    Hi,in some cases float adjstment will not work unless you replace the float needle and seat.
    spyder69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2010, 08:42 PM
    Between 23 and 24mm.. A fuel level check is also advisable.
    Spyder

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting kawasaki kz650 [ 7 Answers ]

I just bought a 1977 kawasaki kz650. It ran fine when I got it home, and then I cleaned and sprayed some of the bike with a pressure washer. After that it started hard and now it doesn't start at all. I drained the gas and put new in, charged the battery, and cleaned the plugs. I don't why it won't...

KZ650 sump gasket [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell where I can obtain a KZ650 (cerca 77-80) sump gasket. I know I can get one from Athena-Ad in Italy but it is in a complete gasket kit.

1977 KZ650 oil problem [ 5 Answers ]

Just bought a 1977 KZ650 with 23,000 miles... there wasn't a drop of oil on the ground or on the bike (old or new) and the bike hadn't been moved in two plus weeks... I got the bike home (about a 30 minute ride) and found oil blowing out a small tube below the carbs... any ideas? What if anything...

View more questions Search