Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tony incerto Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 04:11 PM
    esquire1 me tony how do I check to see if I have bad latch assemble switch on my washing machine.

Sep 17, 2007, 04:36 PM
    How do I check to see if latch assemble switch is bag on my washing machine
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Remove the cabinet and unplug the switch. If there is no continuity it is bad. You could put a jumper wire on it temp. to see if it works that way. If it does the switch is bad

Sep 17, 2007, 04:48 PM
    What does the switch look like color how many wires location etc. remember no voltage meter.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 04:53 PM
    It will be on back side of the lid and be approx. 3" long and could have 2-3 wire depending on model. With no meter you will just have to jumper it

Sep 17, 2007, 05:20 PM
    You say back side of lid,do I have to take top of mach off,meanwhile console still out can see timer switch,is it close to that.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Depending on model you will have to remove the top or entire cabinet. If you raise the lid, look at back side of it. You can see the plunger end of switch but you cannot access it from the front

Sep 17, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Model # LAT9635AAE,how to access it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 05:29 PM
    This sounds like a maytag?

Sep 17, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Yes sir,1988 please help.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Ok near the bottom on the front are2 screws to remove. Then at the to of the front you will need to put in a putty knife on each side about 3" from end though release the spring clips. Then there should be 2 screws at front to remove and the lid should lift. Common on this unit that only fills and nothing else works is a bad pressure switch. If it doesn't close it stops the power. Also a bad lid switch will cause this on maytag. When you open the lide can you hear the lid switch open and close? These have an adjustment on them as well. Have you tried open and closing the lid when it fills to see if it will activate the agitation cycle?

Sep 17, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Ican here lid switch click when open and close. Did not try to open when water is filling will it advance to agitate when water is filling or does it have to fill first.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Fill first. Try a small load cycle

Sep 17, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Tried small load filled with water then nothing .put dial on rinse,spin nothing,still here click when opening & closing lid what else.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Test the lid switch and pressure switch. You should be able to jumper the lid switch but will need tester for pressure switch and timer

Sep 17, 2007, 06:35 PM
    How to jump lid switch, and how to get to lid switch only see little button going in & out when opening lid please explain like I'm a dummy. And what kind of tester for pressure switch and timer, and can we check without tester.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine makes grinding noise when washing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Performa washing machine - about 5 years old. It makes a grinding noise when washing. Spin cycle is still quiet. Any suggestions about what to check?

Washing Machine Drain- How high can machine lift H2O [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... Thinking about moving the washer down in the basement but the main sewer drain leaving the house is about 2' off the floor. There is currently a sewer lift installed for downstairs toilet that complicated cutting into the existing drain for new Y. Without getting to detailed, there is an...

Toilet closest to washing machine gurgles and backs up when washing machine drains. [ 2 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the toilet in the next room gurgles and the bowl partially fills. I have taken these steps: Ran hose down vent pipe on roof. No backup noticed. Had plumber snake from outside wall cleanout by washing machine and 1/2 bath toilet to city sewer line in alley,...

View more questions Search