Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bodbod Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2004, 02:31 AM
    LP COPY
    Very very new to computing(middle age tecno fear)and need help .how do I copy all my all LP records onto my computer and then on to cd what hardware software would I need , any help would be great
    Thanks
    Sparda Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2004, 06:24 PM
    Re: lp copy
    Hmmm... I've never knowen any one to atempt this before (been a advanced computer user as you can tell by my picture < please note that I have removed my cool picture as it was causing my internet to be slugish as every one who loaded a page which had me on it had to download it off my server of 256Kb/s upload of my ADSL connection ) I think it will be prety difficult as there is no spacifice technolagy (that I know of) that is specificly designd for copying records on to a computer, well if you want to give it ago (althow I sugest you dont) you will need a signel cabel (probably phonos to mini-jacks)  so that you can connect your record player to the Line in/mic on the computers sound card and then use something like adobe audition (you can download a free trile here http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/main.html) to record 1 record at a time (not track at a time) and then split the 1 record you recored in to the separate tracks. Oncee you have theas recorded I recommend export them as MP3 (mpeg-3) 128Kbit/s (CD Quality) for best size to quality ratio and then burn them to a CD using something like nero6 (which you can get here http://www.nero.com/en/index.html (Please note this is the super saver way of doing this, I bet there is some kind of device that is spacificly desighned for this but I don't know of it and I bet it's very expencive)
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jul 7, 2004, 06:41 PM
    Well, I've never copied records on to a computer, but I have copied casettes, and the process is almost exactly the same.

As Sparda posted, you will need an rca cable, and an RCA to 1/8" stero jack converter.

Audition IMHO seems a bit overkill.

I use two nice little programs, aptly named rec and wavsplit, to record from a tape and then split the resulting file for burning to a CD. I honestly don't know if these programs are available for ms-windows, and they aren't exactly "point and click" if you take my meaning.

If you are running windows, I'd recommend you check out dbpoweramp (sorry, forgot web address), which will do the job nicely.

:)

~psi42
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2004, 07:02 PM
    re: lp copy
    Gezzz, sparda your an advanced user!

Yes of course you can copy your LP's on to CD. I've worked for a radio station! I know. Depends on what you want to spend mate, and the finished product you want.
    If you want to digitally remaster the LP's,i.e. just cleanup the sound, take out the record scratchyness, so you get a clear true sound, you can get sum neat software, as I haven't worked there for years, I'm abit behind on the latest software available. But there is freeware n share ware available. Also trial's are crackable for personal use but they're only legal if you don't sell the program once cracked. So try Sparda's suggestion, n just crack it.

Get back with your PC specs for recommendations.
    Glad to see your giving it ago, the possibilities are endless mate.

Regards~
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jul 11, 2004, 01:32 PM
    Also trial's are crackable for personal use but they're only legal if you don't sell the program once cracked. So try Sparda's suggestion, n just crack it.
    Um...

;D:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copy and paste [ 1 Answers ]

I hope someone can show me how to copy and paste a link onto my browser.I right click,it will show copy,select all in the box. What do I do next?:confused:

Copy Movies to CD [ 10 Answers ]

I was wondering, is there a legal way to make copies of movies that I have purchased (in CD form)? I have no intention of selling them, I just want to make copies for my wife and myself. Is there a safe program I can download? Are there any safe programs with wich I can copy movies that I can...

Copy & paste [ 9 Answers ]

Please.. I need instructions how to 'copy & paste'. I have outlook express 6, and windows me... I have a message in the body of an email that I would like to send to a private family site I belong to. I was told I need to copy and paste first. Thank you.

Copy a book to computer [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if I can scan a book into my computer to read for myself only without getting into trouble with copyright laws

View more questions Search