Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ptguy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Good debt solution or what?
    I called a debt consolidaton company today and signed up. I have 3 days to cancel. They are going to settle a $10,000 dollar debt for $4,000. I will have 3 years to pay it off at 15%. The name of the company is CREDIT SOLUTIONS. Is this better than trying to deal with the creditor (Chase)? I tried Chase once, and like my last question stated, they don't want to make me a good deal at all. They want the money in 90 days. I can't do that.
    How trustworthy is this credit solution place?
    I hope I am clear on the specifics of the credit solution company. Please let me know ASAP so I know whether to keep it or cancel. I know they want $458.00 fee up front. Total payment for 3 years will be $5,500. I am still going to try and call CHASE back anyway.
    Thanks,
    Pt guy
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Sep 13, 2007, 05:08 PM
    They want 458 dollars up front? Personaly I would not go with a company that wanted that much up front! That money could go toward your debt! PLEASE GET THEIR OFFER IN WRITING if you do go that route.
    ptguy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Thanks slowandeasy. After thinking about that money up front they want, I cancelled the contract with them. I'll search around elsewhere.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Just keep paying chase, pay them what you would pay the other place, as long as they are getting something from you, ANYTHING, there isn't a whole lot they can do. Ignore the calls, keep paying till its gone... Of course they won't want to work with you, they want your money now, but if you keep paying they can't really complain too much... I am very leary of credit consolidation services...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Hello pt guy:

They're not doing anything that you couldn't do yourself and it won't cost you a nickel to do it. You don't really think they KNOW somebody at Chase, do you? Nope, they just know what they can get done.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Ranger starter good, battery good What else? [ 36 Answers ]

I have a '92 Ranger that won't start it just clicks one time. I thought it was the starter but it is good. I changed the battery terminals and that fixed one problem now it clicks until you turn the key off. I can't figure it out any advise? Thanks.

Jazz shoes. Good or not good fit? [ 8 Answers ]

I just got a new pair of jazz shoes the other day for dance. My old jazz shoes were much cheaper (from payless) and fit on my feet just right. Now I just got capezio jazz shoes that are much nicer and have nicer leather and such. But they are tight is this normal? How should jazz shoes fit on your...

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Is debt settlement good? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new here. Just have some questions about debt settlement. A debt magement company told me it is bad to do debt settlement because it reflects bad on your credit report and you'll end up paying taxes on it. Is this true? I have debt of up to 7,500 all secure debts mostly due to car repo....

View more questions Search