Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MercerSport Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Permanently Remove Shower Drain
    The master bath currently has a separate shower and tub. I would like to remove the shower and reclaim the space as a closet. How should I cap off the drain after removing the shower?
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 05:04 PM
    If it's plastic, simply cap it off below the floor with a glue type schedule 40 cap.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 13, 2007, 07:11 PM
    And you'll want to do the same for the supply and mixer valve. If its not plastic just let us know and we'll fix you right up. No need to rip out walls if its going to be a closet. I'd screw 3/8" plywood over the wall with the fixtures removed and paint it. That way you can always get back inside in case some goes south on you inside the wall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove damaged or stuck shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

How can you remove a damaged nor stuck shower drain

Remove PVC Shower Drain [ 2 Answers ]

Help, I have removed the shower tray and am having trouble removing the shower drain From the main PVC line can't get a good gripe on the drain. And can't use pipe wrench. Any ideas? Thank you. Flash

How to remove shower drain strainer? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've been having some trouble lately with a persistent drain odor coming from the shower drain in our master bathroom. I've been trying to remove the drain strainer so I can access and clean out the vertical drain pipe/ tailpiece, but I haven't had much luck. Since there are no screws for...

Remove existing shower stall drain [ 2 Answers ]

I have an acrylic shower stall in the basement. The drain seems to be leaking and I want to remove it. I've cleaned all the sealant around the floor collar but it won't budge. Is is glued in? Does it twist off (threaded)? What tool do I need to get a grip on it? Help. -Barry

Shower drain rusted unable to remove, help. [ 3 Answers ]

I've looked at the WingTite shower drain instructions and they seem pretty much clear. Before I proceed I would like to know if these steps will work on my drain because before I found their website I tried to remove the drain by gaining access from the bottom of the shower and could not. I found...

View more questions Search