Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kudakwashe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Personality disorder
    What makes personality diaorder an intirely meaningless and unhelpful diagnostic category?

And a list of references please for further reading
    kayakinggirl Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Sep 13, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Personality disorders are not traditionally treatable with medications and psychotherapy (if my limited knowledge serves me correctly from psychology classes). They are a part of you and how you work and not a diagnosable mental illness like depression or schizophrenia. A personality disorder, and I believe that everyone has one to some degree, is part of how you think. Some people have huge egos (narcissitic) or are prone to dramatize (hysteric) everything among other issues. You can Google personality disorders and see what comes up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Borderline Personality Disorder/suicide threats. [ 32 Answers ]

I need suggestions as to how to deal with a person who has a severe undiagnosed borderline personality disorder. She daily throws tantrums, is invasive, breaks objects and threatens suicide, but becomes believably sane if the authorities are called in and threatens to make false allegations...

Boarderline personality disorder [ 5 Answers ]

What is it?

Did she have a personality disorder? [ 24 Answers ]

I am trying to work out whether my ex has a personality disorder or whether we were just emotionally incompatible? I have had relationships - several. Most of them good. 3 years ago I met a girl who was down on her luck and very jealous and posessive and demanding on what she wanted - ALL OF MY...

Boderline Personality Disorder [ 9 Answers ]

I suspect my wife has Boderline Personality Disorder(BPD). She will never admit to this however. We are currently separated and she has physical custody of our son. I am worried that now that I am gone so to speak, that she will unleash her rages on my son. Is anyone familiar with this and is there...

View more questions Search