Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Korendir Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Contractor damage, who's responsible - PA
    I live in Dauphin County, PA.

Verizon had contractors digging behind the apartment building in preparation to install their FIOS service. The contractors hit a power line causing a power outage and surge which damaged/destroyed several pieces of electronic equipment. Verizon is shifting blame to the contractors, the contractors are saying the power company did not properly mark where the power lines were. The power company has so far said they'll send someone out to look at my damaged items, but I'm leary about them accepting responsibility. If they give me any trouble, who would ultimately be responsible? Would it possibly be the apartment complex since they allowed the optional work to go on?

Thank you very much.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Hello K:

If you can't get satisfaction shortly, sue them ALL. Let the judge sort it out.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who's responsible for my vehicles damage? [ 6 Answers ]

I live in a gated community and the gate which was malfunctioning for a number of years closed on my (new)car and damaged it in 2 places (2 yrs ago) and its now rusty and the property management company refuses to pay for the repairs. They are responsible for ensuring proper operations of all...

Who is responsible [ 2 Answers ]

If I deposit a check in my account and after 6 days the bank says it cleared. Then I take the cash out then 2 days later the check comes back. Am I rsponsible for it because the bank cleared it. It was the only check and the only money that I had in that account.

Sub-contractor / CONTRACTOR liability [ 1 Answers ]

We Had Flooring Installed In Our Home. The Company Who We Bought The Flooring Promised The Flooring To Be Glued Down. Instead Their Sub-contracted Foreign Installers Drilled Through The Concrete. Water Is Now Shooting Up Through The Holes Like A Fountain. The Company Told Us That The Damage...

Be responsible. [ 2 Answers ]

There are several questions here that disturbs me. I won't be trying to help. Having a dog carries responsibilities. Female dog owners are particularly responsible to either spay the dog by 6 months or educate themselves to avoid the irresponsible breeding that leads to the misery of unwanted...

Am I responsible for this? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so last weekend I had a small party. I live in a duplex and my downstairs neighbor is a very good friend of mine. She and her boyfriend were at my party. Everyone who was there brought their own alcohol. After the party was over and I woke up in the morning, my neighbor and her boyfriend came...

View more questions Search