Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandeeskibug Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Time Share
    My parents own a Time Share They have both Died. No one in my family wants it . It is way over due on fees. Can I just forget about it and let the company repo it? Can they come after me for my parents fees? They have called me and offered to let me transfer it back to them but first they say I need to transfer it into my name. I don't want it in my name or on my credit. What happens if I just forget about it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sandeeskibug
    What happens if I just forget about it.
    Hello s:

Absolutely nothing. Oh, they could have come after the parents estate, but apparently, they know that's a dead end. So, they're going to get their time share back.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 14, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Do NOT transfer it to you. You need to check the time share agreement. If this is a deeded property then it became part of their estate. If it was a contract purchase, the contract probably became void on their deaths.

The time share agreement should specify what actions they can take in case of default.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 06:40 AM
    What is the value of the time share? It may be worth your while to sell it, pay them the fees owed and then you and any siblings as heir(s) would be entitled to the rest.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2007, 10:08 AM
    They can subjugate against your parents' estate for whatever fees, etc. are owed. Beyond that there's not much they can do. Since you never owned any part of it it won't impact your credit and you won't be held responsible for anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charitable donation of time share week [ 9 Answers ]

I have a time-share week at Daytona beach that I would like to donate to my church for use by my Pastor or one of the Pastorial staff. How do I go about get an assessed value in writing and make the donation. The reason: I would like to use it as a tax deduction on my taxes next year. I have...

Non payment of time share assessment [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know what the time-share management can do if I refuse to pay my yearly assessment. The time-share is in solana beach

Basic earnings per share and diluted earnings per share [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: what is the different between Basic earnings per share and Diluted earnings per share :confused:

Time share [ 1 Answers ]

I own a Time Share in Florida, I stay in Michigan. I have been paying Maintenance Fee's and Taxes since about 1998. Can these fee's and taxes be claimed on my Federal Income Taxes, or how can I claim what I've paid down there. Thanks Thorn

View more questions Search