Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rainforestosc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Heating and air conditioning
    Last winter I installed a programmable thermostat and everything was working fine. When summer arrived I switched it over to cooling and it was working fine all summer. I just switced the cooling off and left the thermostat in the off position. When I went to check the temp a few days later there was no display on the unit. I figured the batteries were dead but when I changed them there was still no display. I also checked the circuit breaker and saw nothing tripped. Any idea on what the problem could be?
    Thanks,
    Karen
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 13, 2007, 05:21 PM
    You need to find out weather the thermostat is getting 24 volts. Do you have a meter? Have you turned on the heat to see if it will work?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 05:28 PM
    If you remove the front of the thermostat and put a jumper wire from the red to the green wire the fan should come on if it does you may have a defective thermostat if it does not come on you probably don't have 24 volts to the thermostat , look in the furnace for a printed circuit control board , see if there is a fuse on this board , it will look like a automotive fuse and be yellow, good luck, Mike
    wheatnbarley24 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Sep 14, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Check the emergency pan up in the attic, if the drain clogs up the pan will fill up with water and trip a float switch shutting everything down
    gregurek Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2011, 02:21 PM
    I have a Goodman Air Conditioning Unit. For three years I have asked for a "Spring Hookup." I am not from the north and have no idea what that means. I do know my heating works fine and my aircondtoning does not work at all.

I found a brown, almost like a wire you would see on an extension cord, wire wrapped up and sittting on the bottom of the Forced Air Unit. The company, after promising to come out and "hook me up", now says they will do it for a price. I can manually force the ac to work by pulling off the cover and pressing a start switch that is stated as being for first time start ups.

I have a red, green, and white, very thin, wires that are in this brown conduit. The other end goes back to my AC unit, they supply the go no go on turning the ac on and for how long until they disconnect the power.

I have no idea where I am to hook these wires up at, straight to the thermostat, color to color, or to the main control board?

Chris

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating and air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I set the heat anticipator indicator on model 383 KAV? Thank you

Heating and air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

What does it mean when th cooling on light flashes on your eat and air digital thermometer?

Heating and air conditioning [ 2 Answers ]

How to test a 120 to 24 volt transformer can you use ohms if its out of the system?

View more questions Search