Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Sep 12, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Moving to a different Country.
    Not sure where to put this, but I'm a teen and I could use advice from adults or people with experience. I'm trying to do a bit of research on this here and there so here goes.

I always had this dream to go to Japan. I'm very serious and would take the opportunity. Since as far back in my childhood as I can remember. I live in Canada. I'm 15 years old and in the 10th grade this year.

A couple days back, I asked my sister who's 21 years old about it. She said that she could look into it and sign me up in December so that in the summer I could go for school or something. I don't really know anything about moving to another country. As far as motivation, dedication, and all that, I'm prepared to study hard and have a good touch on living by myself if I had to. I do very well in school too.

So my questions are:

1) Is it really possible?
    2) Do I need to learn Japanese first because English is not widely understood in Japan, OR would learning Japanese just help?
    3) How would actually moving to another country work.
    4) Any other extra information such as how being a student there would be like
    5) How much would it take to afford? (Living expenses, moving expenses, student fees.)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 04:34 PM
    If you are a gifted student you could apply to the government for a the student exchange programme, and no you don't have to know the particular language, you go to learn that and much more.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 03:44 AM
    For more details you could check out the following sites.

http://www.twoworldsunited.com/japan.html
    http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/en/toj/toj0301e.html

I would recommend learning a bit of Japanese(maybe the basics), they would love you for trying to learn their language as they have deep respect for all people and appreciate any small effort you make to get to know them and their culture better.
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Sep 13, 2007, 02:31 PM
    I heard that twoworldsunited is a scam on this forum but I'll check out the other one
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrypt
    i heard that twoworldsunited is a scam on this forum but i'll check out the other one
    If anyone says it is scam, do not rely on it, as I personally have not tried either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Declare bankruptcy if moving out of country? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a Canadian moving to the U.S. and can't afford to pay my debts. My total debt is around $17,600. I need to know if I should declare bankruptcy since my credit doesn't follow me to the US (as stated to me in an email from one of the Credit bureaus here in Canada).

Legal & Custodial Parent Moving out of Country [ 4 Answers ]

My 16 year old son lives with his mom and step-father in Louisiana. She has both legal and physical custody. The decree says I have visitation every other weekend, and alternate holiday, standard stuff. I have always used my visitation each summer since I live in California. My ex has decided...

View more questions Search