Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stjohnsduffy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Airfilter for Trane A/C heating unit
    My Trane A/C & heating unit came with a reusable (washable filter) that is very flimsy. I would like to know if it is advisable for me to get an electrostatic filter, or get some replaceable filters. Which kind are the best to use with this type of unit? I live in Northeast Florida and the humidity is very high. :)
    dadsair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stjohnsduffy
    My Trane A/C & heating unit came with a reusable (washable filter) that is very flimsy. I would like to know if it is advisable for me to get an electrostatic filter, or get some replaceable filters. Which kind are the best to use with this type of unit? I live in Northeast Florida and the humidity is very high. :)
    I do nor recommend 1inch electrostatic filters because they are very restrictitive to air flow. However if you have a variable speed blower, your return is properly sized, you do not have air leaks, and you make sure the filter is COMPLETLYdry before you put it back in, then maybe OK. I recommend pleated filters

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XL80 Heater Unit [ 4 Answers ]

We had a Trane XL80 Heater and XL 12 AC Condenser installed back in Jun 2004 - The blower fan on the heater is starting to make some noise! Not sure if it's getting ready to go out? Or not - also we had a Sta-Med Electronic Air Cleaner installed at the same time - the power light (green) does not...

Trane package unit [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all I'm having a problem with a unit runs good ,cools good, unit will run fine then just shut off ck unit giving no codes reset unit it runs fine until it just shuts off again

Size of ac unit needed to match a carrrier heating unit [ 3 Answers ]

I had a Carrier natural gas heating unit installed in 2003. Model number 58STA/STX 070 Catalog number 535-80105. My ac unit has gone out and the company I bought the heating unit from has gone out of business. What size ac unit will match the heating unit? Thanks so much!:cool:

Trane heating and air [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes all 5 burners will light and heat will come on sometimes they won't light and heat will not come on

Trane a/c unit [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the a/c on inside the trane unit outside is making a loud buzzing sound. What can I do?

View more questions Search