Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jesdiaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2005, 04:22 PM
    Gfi circuit
    I was wondering if when wiring for 2 gfis for different circuits, do I need separate neutrals for each or just a common one
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2005, 06:56 PM
    Shared neutrals will not work with GFI, and are a shortcut I don't like in residential applications.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circuit breaker [ 3 Answers ]

A circuit breaker connected to the kitchen tripped twice. I had an electrician in but the problem persists - in fact, the very day the electrician came. It does not seem to be caused by any one particular appliance. The first time I was using the waste disposal and the next two times nothing was...

Lights out but circuit is hot [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the situation, 2 wall outlets, 1 fluorescent, and 9 celing cans all on the same circuit. 6 of the cans are controlled by a pair of 3 way switches, the other three on single pole switches. Nothing works. The circuit breaker doesn't trip and I have reset it several times. What happens is...

Circuit interruption [ 3 Answers ]

We have a home office that has two computers and a number of peripheral devices plugged in to the outlets that connect to a single, 15 amp circuit. Recently, the power on this circuit is somehow interrupted for a split second, then goes back on. The breaker is never tripped. This happens...

Outside GFI circuit - 15amp outlet on 20amp circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I need a better understanding of what I should do when setting up my new outdoor circuit. I've got a circuit that runs about 150 feet, so I'm installing 10g wire to allow for the voltage drop. I read in the Home Depot Electrical 123 book that I can have at most a 15amp circuit with 10g wire on...

Circuit breakers [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to up grade the amps going to my garage so I can run my saws and power tools with out dimming my shop lights. I currently have a old style fuse box in the garge feed with 12ga uf cable run off a 20amp circuit breaker in the service panel. My plans are to replace the fuse box with a new...

View more questions Search