Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cr7Nil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 08:00 AM
    How To Cash Check if Bank Account Frozen
    I am a senior citizen in financial difficulties due to several judgments against me. One of my bank accounts is frozen. I have another one that I only keep a small amount in to pay for my AOL services online which has not been detected as yet.

My car was just totaled and the insurance company issued me a check for half the total amount which is around $1,746, and I do not know how I am going to be able to cash it. I have banking privileges in two supermarkets but they have a limit of two checks in two weeks totaling $750.00. I figure that if I try to deposit a check of that amount in the account that is not frozen, it will set off a red flag and that account will also be frozen. I cannot find any cash checking places in my area.

At this time, this is absolutely the only money I can get my hands on to live on since I am currently unemployed and have six months to go before I can collect Social Security benefits. I am also stranded in a rural area without a vehicle. Any suggestions regarding how I can negotiate this check would be greatly appreciated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2007, 08:06 AM
    You can try the other account, monitor it closely to withdraw the money as soon as the check clears. Or you can use a check cashing service, or maybe get a friend to cash it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen Bank Account [ 2 Answers ]

I understand that a bank account can be frozen once a judgment has been issued (after being sued on old debt), but can a collection agency who is looking for assets freeze your bank account without first having sued or without having obtained a judgment first?

Bank Account Frozen [ 3 Answers ]

My Dad's bank account has been frozen. He is unemployed and what ever funds he has in his account is for rent and medicine. I called the credit card company and they want $600. A month and $100. Thereafter. The total amount due is $1,200. My dad is willing to pay $50-$100 a month. But the attorneys...

Received check from a frozen account [ 10 Answers ]

My husband has a small trucking business. He received checks from a customer (over $200,000) and when he went to deposit them they came back because the their account was froze. Their bank would not stamp nsf on them because the account was froze so he can not turn them over to the states...

Frozen bank account [ 2 Answers ]

Can a bank place a hold on or freeze an account without some type of judgement or court order in Maryland?

Frozen Bank Account [ 7 Answers ]

My bank account was recently frozen because of an outstanding credit card balance. I live paycheck to paycheck, I called the bank and they just said an order was put through and that there was nothing they could do. I called the number the bank gave me for the company that got the judgement. I...

View more questions Search