Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Sep 12, 2007, 02:53 AM
    Making extra cash at home, any ideas ?
    I'm a stay at home mom because I want to raise my kids myself. At the moment I'm short of cash and need any ideas on how to make extra money, not a lot of money just to cover the basics from day to day. Also a friend of mine is very succesfull in selling perfume which she buys straight from the factory. Im planning on selling perfume as well but then again, I need to save money in order to buy in bulk. Any advice will be appreciated
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 03:06 AM
    The first question you ask yourself is what skills you have. You can use your skills to work from and offer certain services!

I know a company with a similar scenario, where you buy from them and you sell to your clients. It is called Amway.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 03:13 AM
    You might want to also click on the following link for information that you might find there to be helpful to you.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/home-b...aby-93821.html
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 03:22 AM
    If you would like to advertise a business that you have for free on the Internet, then you might like to check out the many free sites available on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...ng-103010.html
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 03:26 AM
    I'm glad that something I posted was helpful to you! I take my chances.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Sep 12, 2007, 03:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    If you would like to advertise a business that you have for free on the Internet, then you might like to check out the many free sites available on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...ng-103010.html

Man, you love pimping out that free internet advertising thread don't you! Ha ha ha! :D
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 03:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iAMfromHuntersBar
    Man, you love pimping out that free internet advertising thread don't you!? Ha ha ha! :D
    Yes I do! It's good stuff! I love to help people to try to get ahead! It works for me!
    Ken 297 Posts: 112, Reputation: 24

Sep 12, 2007, 05:02 AM
    My wife started a Daycare out of the house when my kids where small so she could be home when they where growing up.
    Over the years she made a lot of good friends from the business and had the advantage of being home during the day.
    She started a Cake decorating business as well and since you like to bake that may work for you.
    I always admire someone that makes the extra effort to provide a stable homelife for the kids
    Good luck
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Sep 12, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Speaking of pimping stuff out, I'm actually building a company that's specifically designed for stay-at-home parents. (I don't want to say "Stay at home moms" because I actually have custody of my son as a single father.)

We're still building the website, but the business structure is in place, as is the training. If you're interested, I'll be more than happy to show you the link once we finish it? Then you'll have one more option to choose from, whether you decide to take the job or not.
    jagonnath Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 12:54 AM
    Good Disition U Can Do It.
    Tracydj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marily
    I'm a stay at home mom because i want to raise my kids myself. At the moment im short of cash and need any ideas on how to make extra money, not alot of money just to cover the basics from day to day. Also a friend of mine is very succesfull in selling perfume which she buys straight from the factory. Im planning on selling perfume as well but then again, i need to save money in order to buy in bulk. Any advice will be appreciated
    Childminding
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 10:56 AM
    I just am reading an article in the December 4th's edition of "Woman's World" on at home work. Page 49. Wish I could scan it and paste it here.

What I post is their "how to spot a scam" - "Legitimate work at home listings will never charge you a fee to sign up or require you to purchase something before you can start. And they won't make exaggerated claims of what you can earn."
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Shygrneyzs just posted what I was thinking. I used to have a childminder that was scammed by too good to be true money making schemes. I could see she was being ripped off even though I was 10. Sometimes it is much harder than it looks to shift produce bought from these home sales places, also the hours don't match any possible financial gain. Anyway what I'm saying is be careful!

Personally I think childminding seems the best solution, it pays pretty well and your kids get to meet other children. You could try gettign childcare certificates and first aid certificates if you have the time/ money. They alow you to charge more and would give you a competitive advantage.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 11:10 AM
    True, about the childcare. A provider can get licensed by the county and get signed up for the nutrition program, that reimburses food costs. Plus there is the additional training opportunities. CPR and First Aid are usually mandatory - depends on the state requirements. But even if not required, it is a best practice. Helps when parents know the person they want to watch their child is trained.

Good idea to have a tax consultant also. Just because your home is used for your business does not automatically give you deductions.
    mamame Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 02:58 AM
    I have been in similar situations to yours. My kids are grown now, but I have tried just about everything out there and know what has worked for me and what hasn't. I am a nurse and a business woman. Below are the things that have worked (marked yes next to them) and that haven't (marked no next to them). I am not saying that they will all work for everyone, or that the ones that didn't work for me won't work for you, but this is from my personal experiences.

Marketing chocolate-yes
    Medical transcribing-yes
    Selling on ebay-yes
    Joining affiliate programs such as shareasale- yes
    Selling "itworkspaste" with no money down-yes
    Get money from stores you shop at, tell others and make money on the stores they shop from-FREE to join- yes
    Babysitting-yes
    Foster parenting-yes

Data entry-NO
    Stuffing envelopes-NO
    Surveys-NO
    Give $1.00 to make $6,000- NO

If I think of others, I'll let you know. Feel free to contact me anytime. I have helped many people to be able to stay at home and make some extra money.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 12:08 AM

Because this thread has been spammed so much by advertisers; the thread has already had a sufficient number of posts, is old and the original poster hasn't returned to it in a very long time, this thread is now CLOSED.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Extra Extra Dry Skin [ 8 Answers ]

I have extra extra dry skin. I am constantly shedding. What can I do about this. I have tried all kinds of lotions

Purchasing a home for cash [ 1 Answers ]

I know how a home is purchase with a mortgage. What is the process when a home is not financed, but purchased with cash?

Brainstorming Some Work From Home Ideas [ 3 Answers ]

My wife is currently unemployed and prepping for kids. What if as a collective we came up with some ideas for home based income producing activities? There are enough people on this site that we could work as some sort of "Online collaboration". I guess if you had ideas yourself you wouldn't be in...

Home based business ideas [ 7 Answers ]

I want to know some of the home based business. Where I can spent my spare time regularly and earn money .:confused:

Making extra backups [ 3 Answers ]

I found a website which explains how to make extra registry backups. A tool for retrieving these backups is included. It's a zipped batch file, with instructions which simply say to unzip it to the root directory. That's where I get confused. What part of the root directory does it go to? I...

View more questions Search