Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ultrajoker Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2005, 03:59 AM
    Re-finishing plaster
    Hello again-

If you could not tell from my previous posts, my pool is being re modeled. I appreciate the support here and had 2 more questions. Re plastering is the final step or the first? That is before the tile/coping go on. Is Sider-Proof FF-PR considered a "real" plaster or just DIY friendly?

Thanks Again
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2005, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrajoker
    Hello again-

If you could not tell from my previous posts, my pool is being re modeled. I appreciate the support here and had 2 more questions. Re plastering is the final step or the first? That is before the tile/coping go on. Is Sider-Proof FF-PR considered a "real" plaster or just DIY friendly?

Thanks Again
    Try this site...
    http://www.aestheticpools.com/index....are+my+options
    iraphael Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2011, 09:04 AM
    Sider Proof FF PR is a real pool plaster. It is cement based.
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Mar 29, 2011, 05:12 AM
    I do not consider slider proof to be genuine pool plaster. How old is the current plaster job in you pool?
    Are there any bad spots? If it is just stained you could acid wash the pool instead of plastering it again
    iraphael Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2011, 08:11 AM
    I used Sider Proof after my neighbor had it applied in his pool last year. Sider Proof was a cement based powder mixed with a liquid... thus a plaster. So far so good... and I did not even have to brush it!
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

May 12, 2011, 05:37 PM
    If you are putting new tile coping and plaster on the pool then do the plaster last because the tile and coping can be very messy and once you replaster the pool make sure you fill it up to center tile and do not stop until it gets there or you will have a permanent watermark in the pool
    amber1975 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2012, 06:46 PM
    I had this product applied in my pool and when it was was applied it came pakaged in a cement bag and a liquid part. It looks likes plaster, it feels like it and the guy I hired to apply it was impressed how easy it was to install. Happy with it so far.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement finishing [ 17 Answers ]

I am in the early stages of laying-out my basement plans. There is a rough-in for toilet and shower, but not where I want the bathroom to be. I would like to move the rough-in pipes about 10-12 feet from where they are now for my ideal basement plan. I've done a lot of DIY home pprojects, but...

Stripping paint from plaster walls... [ 2 Answers ]

I've been able to chip away most of the paint on my 1930's houses' plaster walls down to the plaster. There were two layers of paint and they came off very easily from the wall... almost like an eggshell off an egg. There was a border along the top of the wall, and the paint layers under the...

New wiring in plaster walls [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, I need any help I can get on this one. I am rewiring my living room of an old victorian house built around 1900. The exterior wall is brick and the interior wall is plaster. The plaster was placed directly on top of the brick (no lath or wood inbetween). Does anyone have any experience with...

Finishing a second floor [ 1 Answers ]

I want to finish my second floor in a fairly new home. Lets start slow and see how it goes. The room ~700 square feet is now vented to the outside through a vent on the Side of the house and a hole cut in the plywood sheeting leading to a dormer with an octagonal vent. Make sense? So how do...

Corian finishing [ 1 Answers ]

I have just sanded my corian counter tops after nine years use, and scratches came out nicely but it left a satin dull finish( I used 330 wet/dry) and some sander marks. Is there some polishing I need to do to the surface if so with what?

View more questions Search