Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helper05 Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Sep 12, 2007, 01:15 AM
    Obtaining a passport
    How do you go about getting a passport, and what kind of ID will you need in getting one?

You know;
    1.Where do you go to get one
    2.ID needed
    3.Cost
    4. Is there an expiration date like your drivers license?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 01:31 AM
    Where do you live?

Sep 12, 2007, 01:38 AM
    New York, U.S.A. But I would like a passport for, other reasons.
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 01:41 AM
    You might like to check out the following site then.

Passport Home
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Sep 12, 2007, 02:26 AM
    Anything to do with this?
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 02:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iAMfromHuntersBar
    Anything to do with this?
    Could be. I had already checked it out.

Sep 21, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Like I said, it has nothing to do with that, I want to go on vacation, to france, and I know I need a passport, and was just wondering how to go about getting one. I don't want to bring up the whole passport issue to my friend again, because then he'll think I'm not letting it go.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2007, 08:40 PM
    All you need to do is apply for one, here you get an application at the court house, and the last one I got was 65 dollars. I had to provide proof of birth and identity, ( birth certificate and drivers license from what I remember)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2007, 08:53 PM
    I got mine a couple of years ago. I filled out the .pdf form online. Printed it with my responses. Got two passport photos taken. Got a copy of my birth certificate. Took these materials to a post office capable of processing a passport + drivers' license and two checks. About $120 including photos.

Expiration is like 7 or 10 years. Don't remember.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 21, 2007, 09:12 PM
    First, I've moved this to Visas and Passports where it belongs.

Second, the reason why you were asked where you live is because the process of obtaining a passport varies from country to country.

In the US you can go to any Post Office and get an application for a passport and return it back to the post office for processing. The application will tell you exactly what ID you need, there are several options. The cost is around $100.

But I hope you aren't planning on traveling in the very near future. The passport office is way backed up because of new rules requiring passports for ground travel between the US and its neighbors like Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obtaining a Greek Passport [ 2 Answers ]

My parents are Greek, I was born here... and want to get the Greek Passport. Did anyone out there find out the procedure? I live in DC.. should I just go there with my mom and her birth certificate? Any info on this topic would be appreciated! Thanks, Irene

Obtaining a EU passport [ 2 Answers ]

I will be joining my boyfriend in the UK in October. He has a EU passport and I will have to go over on a working holiday visa. After 12 months we will be getting married. Will I be able to apply for a EU passport or what will I apply for in order for me to work freely in the UK.

Obtaining A German Passport [ 1 Answers ]

HEY, I am wanting to obtain my german passport. My dad is a german citizen, and we live in South Africa where I am a citizen. Can I get my passport? Thanks, JONNO:confused:

Obtaining a Greek passport [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I am interested in getting a Greek passport. I am a US citizen. Both of my parents are from Greece but have become US citizens. How do I go about getting one? Thanks

View more questions Search