Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Sore throat
    Dear everyone,

Lately,I have a score throat every morning when I wake up, but after a couple of hours the pain is gone. I am totally fine.

I am wondering why is that?

The temp has been crazy lately too, if that will help you determine my case.

AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Happens to me too!
    Mines caused by dry air.
    At night I'll run a humidifier in the warmer seasons (summer/spring) and a vaporizer in the cooler seasons (winter/fall).
    Works like a charm:D
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 07:56 PM
    I use central air/heat system, there is only cool and warm and what's between them.

Which side should I go with?

( it's fall where I am living now)
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 08:05 PM
    You should set your thermostat to what ever temperature you feel comfortable in.
    A humidifier and a vaporizer can be bought at places like Walmart or pharmacy stores.
    A humidifier will blow a cool mist of water vapor into the air and a vaporizer will blow steam into the air so that the air will be moist and not irritate the throat.
    Since it's fall where you live, I'd recommend buying the vaporizer.
    They cost about $10 - $15 dollars. I like the one made by Vic's.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Thank you, will do.:)
    I have never used that in my life,lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cures for sore throat, possible strep? [ 8 Answers ]

Well I have a very bad sore throat right now... I can barely talk! I have had this for three days, I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday to see if I have strep (which I get at least once a year) and to get on antibiotics. But till then, I want it to stop hurting so badly! I have tried the...

Sore throat for 5 DAYS NOW! [ 14 Answers ]

I have had a sore throat for about 5 or 6 days now. Its getting better but its only on one side of my mouth, on the left side, and my left tonsil is swollen. Almost every time I swallow it hurts, not a lot but it still has a little pain. I didn't go to the doctor yet, I've told my mom several times...

Sore throat! [ 8 Answers ]

I've had a sore throat for 3 days and now I have congestion and sneezing with it. When should I see my doctor and is this anything to worry about?:confused:

Sore throat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is katie. And I have had a sore throat that comes and goes all the time. I get white spots that come off and smell. But now it hurts in the middle of my throat and all the time, my ears hurt off and on. But then again ihave tmj so when my jaw hurts my ears hurt. Is my throat something to...

Sore throat for 5 weeks [ 4 Answers ]

I was on 3 series of antibiotics for ringing in my ear over a period of 4 weeks and then finished them. A week later white spots appeared on my throat and tonsils but no pain for the first week. The first day I noticed the white spots I went into MedPoint and a doctor prescribed Augmentin (another...

View more questions Search