Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fromotherplace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2005, 05:25 PM
    December: Job, baby. All or nothing?
    Hi
    Lets see if somebody can give me a hand with a couple of things or at least listen to me.
    Like the past 3 years, as the end of the year approaches my humor start to change, that is because every December I have to renew my contract at my job. Every year I’m hoping to keep my job and I never know if I keep my job for the next year until the last minute. I would like to know what to expect for this December.
    My main problem is that I’m from another country, so if I loose my job I loose my visa and I have to return to my country or find someone who is willing to give a visa to work witch is not easy to find on these days.
    Im married, so I’m worried about my wife too. The other thing is that she wants to have a baby but I’m not sure Im ready nor have the resources to support a baby the way I want to support my family. We are alone here in this country and is difficult to make plans for a family. Maybe if we were in our country it would be easier to have a baby, because of our family support, but it would be harder to have a good job.
    I have plans to find another job that gives me more stability but sometimes I wonder if it would be better to loose my job here and be forced to go back to my country and start a new life there. I is not that I don’t want to go back, I want to go back but in the future when things gets better.
    My wife always wanted to go back to our country as soon as possible but now she found a job she likes and is changing her mind.
    Can anybody tell me what is going to happen in December, and after that….
    Thanks, and sorry for my English.
    DOB 06/19/72 (getting old)
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Sep 24, 2005, 09:52 PM
    Fromotherplace
    You should have made this change last year. You needed to be looking for a job all year long. You will not find a job to suit your needs this late in the season. I believe you will sign for 1 more year. Action is required here!
    You are stagnating at this job, you have done and learned all that there was to learn and do here. I feel as though you are not appreciated.
    I feel you will sign for 1 more year. You need to get out more and network. Get your energy out there. You and your wife don't get out enough, mingle with like minds, spread the word as to what you are looking for. Your answer will come back to you
    When you interview with companies you be in charge if the interview. You are interviewing them to see if you like it there and if they have what you need. Not to see if they like you. Make a list of what you need in order for the new job to work for you. Like insurance, what does it cover, if you need to relocate will they help with any expenses...
    And when in the interview exude energy. As if you can't sit still you are so excited about there opportunity. Sell yourself, really sell yourself who else knows you bwtter than you.
    I believe you will stay here in this country. It wiil get easier for you! You need to get out and find more like minds. Join a club, take a hobby class, find a walking group, games, sports or a reading group, knitting, art... You and your wife together and apart you need to find your own hobby or interest.
    Children will come but not for a time. Maybe 2-3 years and don't worry about money where the babies are concerned. There are many around you who would love to help babysit and I see lots of moms with nice hand me down clothes and blankets aside from the new ones you will be able to purchase. There are many organizations that will help you with feeding and care of your children for free. Not to mention all of the new friends you will be making that become like family.
    Of course you will move to a new neighborhood more condusive to this family idea too. Peace ranieri

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 12 years, well a year and a half ago we quit using birthcontrol and decided we would leave it up devine intervention. My birthday is July 15, 1973 and my husbands is July 2, 1973. Can anyone tell me if they see anything in the future as far having children?

Having a baby [ 9 Answers ]

I would really like to have a baby but I understood that if me and my partner have the same blood type we will not be able to have a baby. I am AB positive and my partner is also the same. Will we not be able to have a baby as we have the same blood type My partner have been having...

Baby Boy [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1 1/2 year old boy who eats stones and soil. I have tried giving him liver meat but he refuses to eat it. Why is he doing this and am worried that it might bring a problem in the long run.

Having a baby [ 11 Answers ]

My boy friend and I are talking adout having kids after we get married but he has had a vasectomy so we are looking in to all the options I would just like to hear if any one have been in this situation and if so what options they were given so if any one has any sugestions we could use you opions

View more questions Search