Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worried17 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Do I have a record?after 17 years?
    I was caught of shoplifting and its 17 years from now... now I was applying for a job in a hotel and my supervisor asked me to get a police clearance which I did now I'm record if I got the record I was caught only once and never happened again it was a provation one year they took my fingger print and everything and fine 200 dollars my concerned is I went to the police just to have a police clearance and now they will mail it for 2 weeks I'm worried do I have a record still after 17 years passed? I was provation one year and no more stupid thing..

And if I have a record of shoplift thing can I erazed what should I do who am I going to asked to help me..

Thank u reply to my email or here.. very much appreciated.. ughhh I was stupid back then.. and I regret it every each day..
    Thanks a lot!
    Mrs worried
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Sep 11, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Were you over 18 when this happened?

Sep 11, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Yes I am 19 years old when it happened between 19 and 20...

Sep 11, 2007, 02:04 PM
    I have no criminal record except firs offence of a shoplifting... I was thinking that and get nervous every time I attempt to apply for a job.. myhusband asked me to help him and go find a job but I cannot tell him that I have a record fromt the pass so I was thinking if I can erazed it.. so I won't be scared anymore..
    Believe me or not I regret every single day... please reply.. many thanks..

Ps: who is the person am I going to ask? To help me to plunge my record? I have read in the internet that you can do this by online the thing is you have to pay.. ist true that they going to erazed it?
    Mrs worried17
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Hello worried:

If you're going to pay, pay a lawyer that you hire who has offices you can visit.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 11, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Did you plead guilty? If you didn't then you probably don't have a record. Since you have already ordered the report, just wait until it comes back. If the charge shows, explain it to your boss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to record [ 3 Answers ]

hi, im Ashley, i love singing and i want a website or program i can download to record my music, and singing, does anybody know anything that i could use to record with? :p

My criminal record [ 1 Answers ]

How would one find out what is listed on their criminal record?

Ontario / Seven years done... Now seven more years? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada and have waited seven years for a TD Bank entry to come off the "Credit Information" section on my Equifax report, It's come off but now there's a completely new entry in the "Collection Accounts" section for the same arrears handed over to a collection agency. I thought...

Questions about record [ 3 Answers ]

Hello and good afternoon. In 1996 I was charged with a class B misdemeanor in NY but pled guilty to a violation, a non-fingerprintable offense in NY. I paid a $50 fine and received a conditional discharge. In 1997 the fingeprints, DA records and police records were sealed as per 160.55 of the NY...

Locating record of house sale from 20 years ago [ 3 Answers ]

I sold a house more than 20 years ago, and since then have lost the papers from the house sale in a family tragedy. I have need to recover these house sale papers to prove I was previously a home owner. From which office could I recover these papers proving that I sold the house? The real estate...

View more questions Search