Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 11, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Anyone read The Brothers Karamazov?
    I just finished it Sunday. Its an excellent read... just wondering what anyone else thought. :)
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 11:49 AM
    I'm looking for some new books to read. What is it about? Should I add it to me "pick me up at the library" list?
    Survivor

Sep 12, 2007, 07:01 AM
    I found it very intersting, but I made the mistake of starting it before the wedding as my "distraction" so I wasn't as dedicated as I should have been... in other words, I had to stop and go- which hurt my impression of it. Once I started again though, I couldn't put it down.

Its Russian lit from Fyodor Dostoyevsky. Its based around 3 brothers and their troublesome father's murder vs. their different takes on life. (I don't mean to spoil the plot, but you'll read that much on the back cover)

Its thought provoking for sure. My version was nearly 800 pages but I found myself wishing it continued. There is speculation that it was originally planned as a trilogy.

Personally, I know some people who would love it... but its not a "fun" book, its more like "work". :D
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Well I loved Crime and Punishment so I'm sure I'd like this too.

Thanks for the recommendation!
    Survivor

Sep 12, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Oh, I LOVED Crime and Punishment! Since you do as well, I think you would like this. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My brothers friend. [ 2 Answers ]

All right so here's the deal... my brother has this REALLY CUTE REALLY nice guy friend... hes almost my age I'm 17 and he's almost 17... my parents really think he's a good nice kid and they really like him as a family friend he comes around my house a lot... and he went on a trip with my family......

Brothers Ashes [ 1 Answers ]

Last August my brother passed away. He was divorced, and his 3 boys were minors. We are in CA. My Mother was the next of kin, and so we got his ashes, we paid for the funeral, and have the ashes. We got a court order that his ex wife wants the ashes to be part of the estate, whom she is the...

Karamazov [ 1 Answers ]

What is the number of brothers that share thename "karamazov" in Fyodor Dostoyevsky's "The Brothers Karamazov"?

Loved by two brothers? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm china and I'm the one who wrote last time on the topic "should i give his brother a chance" and the one who wrote "help me plese i'm confused' right now the guy that I truly like is here in the US and well we have been communicating through e-mail. The problem that I have now is that his...

Brothers... [ 28 Answers ]

OK, so I have 5 brothers all very different characters. The oldest Martin, is 35yrs - outgoing, but also laid back, a good sense of humoursettle with kids and we get on well. Darren is about 33yrs very quiet and has a shy factor, but has a great sense of humour, happilt married with children...

View more questions Search