Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scions98 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2004, 01:03 PM
    OEM Softwares
    Hi.

I really want Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional Full-Version but it's over $400! I just recently received a SPAM mail that directed me to a website that sells Adobe Acrobat 6.0 OEM for only $50. The website says it is functionally identical to the $400 retail version and it is completely legal. Is that true? Are there any downsides of owning an OEM version?

Thanks
    always_learning Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2004, 03:56 PM
    Re: OEM Softwares
    Microsoft takes a very serious view about piracy of their software.

If you feel that the item is not the genuine article, conduct a software piracy search to find your local "dob in a pirate" Microsoft hotline.

Rest assured that Microsoft will pursue these criminals to the full extent of the law. You may be called as a witness to put these fraudsters in gaol. Consider it your public duty.

Piracy costs you, the consumer.

psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jul 22, 2004, 07:15 PM
    OEM Softwares

If you feel that the item is not the genuine article, conduct a software piracy search to find your local "dob in a pirate" Microsoft hotline.
    Hey, you can do better than that! Microsoft really won't care about people pirating Adobe's software. You need to e-mail Big Brother at the Business Software Alliance if you really want something to be done. :)

Seriously, though, I've seen OEM software being sold with the "required piece of hardware" (like a broken stick of RAM), and supposedly that is legal. But if you found out about the site from a SPAM e-mail, what are the chances that the site itself might just be a credit-card-number collector?

Check e-bay:
    http://search.ebay.com/acrobat-profe...ectZ1QQfromZR8

~psi42

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evaluation or Trial period softwares [ 6 Answers ]

I have so many softwares, downloaded from net. Most of shareware... I have found some software's key but some are Trial period. After some days or weeks it will close and I can't run it again. Is there any solution for cracking these type of limited softwares from Registry(regedit)? I have...

View more questions Search