Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 02:45 AM
    History experts
    In History,
    Written or otherwise, what does it say about the Messengers from Abraham till Muhammad (peace be upon them all).
    I know the Islamic perspective,but I was wondering if there were any written/unwritten historical information not from a religion.

Hope the history experts or knowledgeable ones members in history could help me with this.

Thanks.:)

EDIT:::::
    It need not be about all the messengers, but if you have some info on one and not the other I would appreciate if you share them too.:)
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 05:36 AM
    I hope someone has some information...
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 08:17 AM
    Tom,
    Any of them, here are some names I could list for now.
    Abraham (Ibrahim), Noah(Nuh),Isaac(Ishaq),Ishmael(Ismail),Jonah(Yunus ),Jesus(Isa),Muhammad .
    ((Peace be upon the all))

Any info will be helpful.

Thanks
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 01:20 AM
    About the above names, has there been any evidence revealed which confirms their existence on earth other than in the religious books of Jews,muslims and Christians.

Or even archeological evidence.
    Onan Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Apr 6, 2008, 06:51 AM
    The problem with this is, there really isn't much if any history written about these people outside of religious texts.

You may find some answers reading about other religions. For example the story of Noah and the flood came from earlier Babylonian and Sumerian stories. You can Google both and find great information that ties the heroes of the early OT together with earlier heroes and stories.

The same go's for Jesus. Just Google greek and roman gods and you will find plenty of earlier stories and gods almost identical to Jesus. Or at least beginnings of a greater story. Muslims believe Jesus was just another prophet while christians believe he was a God. Again, outside of religious texts you won't find much to prove either side. The Jews however have great reason to believe Jesus was not a God.

Muhammad is an interesting story but I'm afraid the same can be said of him as can be said of the Jewish and christian heroes. You won't find anything about Muhammad in christian writings but both the Koran and christian bibles use the same stories that are found in earlier Jewish Texts. I always found it funny that although the three religions have very different beliefs, they all pray to the same God.

I'm sorry I don't have the time to get more into this right now, but if there is anything more specific you would like to get into let me know.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Thank you Onan,

I was also thinking maybe archaeological or historically identical personalities,not necessarily by names I have mentioned.
    I am not wanting historical information regarding Moses,Jesus or Muhammad (peace be upon them all) but further into history.

Maybe personalities who may or may not have been mentioned in religious books but revered by different communities as special but not at the level of God/s.

And the person/s may not be connected to the places mentioned in religious books but similar incidences and/or similar teachings.

Thank you again Onan for sharing your knowledge.
    Onan Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Apr 7, 2008, 03:41 AM
    Maybe personalities who may or may not have been mentioned in religious books but revered by different communities as special but not at the level of God/s.
    Perfect!!

You should read about the Sumerians then. These are a people that pre date anything written in religious texts. Also chek out some sites on ancient Egypt. There is plenty of good reading available on this stuff. I will get back to this with more ideas and links to some good sites.

I wish I had some time because this is a very interesting subject. I still can't believe no one jumped on this when you started it.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2008, 02:55 AM
    Thank you Onan.
    I will do a search and get on with my reading then:).
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Hi Onan,
    If you could link me to some sites... would really appreciate it.

Thank you
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    About the above names, has there been any evidence revealed which confirms their existence on earth other than in the religious books of Jews,muslims and Christians.

Or even archeological evidence.
    Hi Firm.

About those before Jesus there is presumable little, maybe nothing... at least that I know of. But as for Jesus there is non-Biblical, non-"religious" material about Him:

Here are excerpts from 5 of them:

Catholic Truths: Ecumenical Apologetics, Jesus Evidence
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Thanks Rick!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question for experts [ 2 Answers ]

1. In the 60's and seventies there were a string of german b-movies made by one director. A string of fantasy movies, unicorns, magicians, etc. In one movie for example a knight has to kill a magician in a tower who keeps his heart in a box somewhere else. I need to know the name of that...

What do the experts think? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently inherited some commercial property with no mortgage. I want to start my own business but my savings are very limited. My question is... can I take out, or would I even qualify for a mortgage on the property that I now own, to start my business? The property has a rental income of appx....

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search