Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aztecfcdad Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Kenmore Gas Dryer does not heat
    I have a Kenmore Gas Dryer Model #110.97585210 that does not heat. A few weeks ago I shut the gas off because my wife said the laundry room smells like gas. So, the first thing I did was shut the gas off and waited a day to see if the laundry room continued to smell like gas. Well, luckily the laundry room did smell, but the smell was coming from a dirty rag that my wife used to clean up spilled apple juice in the kitchen floor and placed the rag in the laundry room sink. She washed the rag and low and behold the smell was gone. Anyway, I turned the gas on (open) and the next day my wife ran a load of laundry and said the dryer is not working, there is no heat, I double checked to see that I turned opened the gas and yes it was open. My question now is... why is the dryer not blowing hot air? Is it the igniter? The dryer valve? Can anyone guide me in the right direction on figuring out what is wrong? I have already disassemble the dryer, I just want someone to tell me what the next steps are, thanks.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Does this have an igniter or standing pilot?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 02:00 PM
    You should be able to see the ignitor or standing pilot and watch what happens during a typical start cycle.

If the ignitor works, but there is no pilot, it might take a few trials to purge any air in the lines.
    aztecfcdad Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Has an ignitor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Gas Dryer won't heat after 5 minutes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My Kenmore Gas dryer, over 12 years old, model # 110.8754 5100, ignites and blows gas just for few minutes and stops burning. The drum is still running. I turn it off and wait for 15 minutes until the temperatur goes down. I turn the dryer back on and it blows gas and burns again. Just...

Kenmore gas dryer, 80 series-NO HEAT [ 2 Answers ]

I have a kenmore gas dryer, that up until this point I have had no problems with-i dried a load of towels yesterday and then later that day the dryer was turning the clothes but there was no heat!--where do I look first?

Kenmore Elite gas dryer won't heat [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer model number 110 72056 100. When I select a cycle to dry; they dryer turns, the air is blown out of the house; :confused: however, it is cold air even though I have selected a hot air cycle. Please let me know if you know what could be wrong with this. ...

View more questions Search