Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jczaya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Blue tint in well water
    We have well water. Our home is one year old and there is a slight blue tint in our bathtub and jacuzzi. It stains the shower curtain and bathtub. What is it and how do we correct it?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Do you have a filter or water softener?
    jczaya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 02:37 PM
    I have neither
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Sep 10, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Is there a high sulfur content in the water where you live?

Copper pipes+sulfur=copper sulfate, which is blue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Even out this tint [ 1 Answers ]

I've colored my own hair for years but recently I wanted to dye my hair black after completing the at home hair color I found that my hair dyed very uneven this has happened to me in the past and had to have my hair stripped and re-dyed however this time around I was hoping I could fix it myself...

Blue hot water [ 3 Answers ]

On filling a bath tub in our 13 year old home, after the tub was about 2/3 full there was noted to be quite a bit of blue granular material in the water. Did not disolve in water and was very fine but a lot was present. Drained the tub and repeated and same thing. I'm going to try another tub;...

Blue-green water staining [ 4 Answers ]

There is a marked Blue-green stain that develops in the shower stall, less so in the kitchen and bathroom sinks. I'm assuming it is a reaction triggered by the hot water. I'm also asking not just because it requires more cleaning, but my hairdresser says that it also creates a layer on my hair!...

Knocking Hot Water Heater & Blue stuff [ 7 Answers ]

My Water Heater is Knocking pretty loud for the last 10-12 months... I'm trying to figure out if this is ready to die and I should replace it before it does. It's 6 years old, new with the house and it's got a 6 year guarantee. About 6 months ago I drained it. The water was clean, but I...

View more questions Search