Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smahler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 09:56 AM
    John deere 314
    When I try to engage my deck the tractor starts to die. When I click the deck off it runs without problems what's up?
    Harvey1955 Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Sep 10, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Could something be foul in the blades? Or a bearing down?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 06:03 PM
    What if anything happened, or what symptoms was the unit having? And is the deck, and blades free of anything jamming them up as harvey suggested?
    314owner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 01:44 PM
    Your 314 has a seat / blade interlock switch that prevents the engine from running with the blade engaged if no one is sitting in the seat. I would check that the switch is working or bypass it and see if the motor will continue to run.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Check the seat safety switch.
    Easy Ed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 05:02 PM
    I know it is an old question but I had the same problem with my 314 and it turned out that the coil was weak and when the switch was flipped to engage the PTO it took voltage from the coil making it not have enough "juice" to fire the plug and keep the mower running. Put in a new coil and works great now.

Guess this can be for folks in the future who go through the same problem :)

Easy Ed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere replacement [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I have a JD L120 with 65hrs and a failed Hydro, Luckily its 23months old and will receive a new Hydro under warranty. As it has only lasted 1 1/2 summers I am sceptical to it's longevity. I mow a series of slopes covering 6 acres. I am interested in a replacement that will last, any...

John Deere JX75 [ 2 Answers ]

I hit a rock with my mower ,now the blade won't engage.The blade and motor move freely and the belt is tight,but the clutch doesn't seem like it's engaging.I took the blade off ,but can't figyre out how to get the clutch assembly apart.Thie is a 3 year old John Deere JX75 HELP THANKS

John Deere L110 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2003 John Deere L110. At the beginning of this mowing season, when I cranked it, the engine tried to crank with it in the run position and stopped cranking in the crank position! Then it just stopped cranking altogether. I replaced the ignition switch and that did not help. I replaced...

John Deere 318 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deere 318 with an Onan engine. When I try to move the mower it wants to die after the hydrostat safety switch is released. If I "tie" down the safety switch I can drive it, but it dies as I hit the mowing deck. Any hints on what to replace? Thanks, Rod Hite

John deere mower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.my riding mower won't stay running.it will run fine for about five minutes then die,won't restart until it cools down after 30 minutes or so.I changed the coil,spark plug and have fresh gas in it.

View more questions Search