Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swatibansal85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Medical Tourism
    HI, I am a student of MBA in Aviation Management. I have to prepare a dissertation on the topic MEDICAL TOURISM - AN UNTAPED MARKET FOR AVIATION INDUSTRY. My mentor suggest that three kinds of questionnaires will be prepared i.e. for doctors , travel agents &patients .now my query is ,

HOW TO APPROACH A PATIENT & WHERE? can't I DO WITHOUT THEM .ALSO GIVE ME THE SOURCE TO GET RELEVANT INFORMATION ABOUT THEM.
    g8kpr Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 02:05 PM
    Go to a medical website like Medscape.com or WebMD to search for articles on medical tourism. As far as approaching patients; you know people, if you know old people, they are patients. Your family, they see doctors right? You can ask them. If you have friends, relatives or neighbors, even classmates or professors that might need surgery, you could ask if they would consider having their knee replacement overseas. It doesn't have to be themselves, or you could pose it as a hypothetical question, "if you had to get a knee replacement, and you could pay thousands of dollars less, go to an overseas facility with American trained surgeons, one-on-one nursing care, individual and personalized therapy and "boutique level service" and then do your recovery/vacation on a tropical beach in a 5 star hotel, Would you do it?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scope of M.B.A tourism? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a B.COM graduate and have interest in tourism and hospitality sector... so I would like to know the scope of M.B.A. tourism and hospitality??

Challenges of Marketing In Tourism [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking of doing my dissertation on the Challenges of Marketing in Tourism but I don't know where to start, can you help me please!

Looking for jobs in travel and tourism [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! I live in Norway, and I've studied travel and tourism for 2 years now, with IATA certification. Im looking for jobs abroad i.e. UK,Dubai,USA. But its very hard to find jobs, most employers want experienced people, but what about people who need experience? I've search a lot on the net,and I...

US Health Care Problems and Medical Tourism? [ 24 Answers ]

I'm very curious about others outlook on this subject. Health care in the US is a big problem and the majority of the Population go without because it's not affordable or they have pre existing illnesses and are turned down by insurance companies. Has anyone heard pro/cons about medical...

View more questions Search