Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Montreal007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Want to get back in school
    I am 30 yrs old, and makee too nice money, but have bad credit and I want to go back to school. I need as much grant info as possible. I have been accepted to Devry and it's about $22,000 a year.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Are you saying you make too much money for financial aid? I received a small grant for being a woman over 35 returning to school. It wasn't much, but every little bit counts in my book. Most grants I am familiar with are needs based, so your income will come into play there as well.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Speak to their financial aid advisor. That is the best avenue, deal with them directly so there are no surprises. And by doing so, they will probably help you fill out the forms for any grants, or student loans they think you may qualify for. You can also get a step ahead by going to fafsa.com, I think is the correct address. But there you can apply for a federal financial aid PIN. But it is already past the deadline for this year right now, but you could apply next year.
    K_2 Posts: 92, Reputation: 5

Nov 16, 2007, 08:42 PM
    You can apply at FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid for Federal Student Aid. You can also get state grants(in some states, not sure if all have them) and they are automatically awarded if you fill out your Fafsa by the March 31(April 2 next year I think) and you qualify.

You can still fill out a Fafsa to cover the upcoming Jan-May semester and it would also cover summer semester June-July(August, depending on the school)

The Fafsa that will be available to fill out Jan 1, is for the 200-2009 school year that will cover any semester that run or begin between July 1, 2008 and June 30, 2009.

You will also need to fill out the Fafsa in order to be eligible for Stafford Student Loans. Credit is not a factor unless you are in default on a previous student loan(or maybe owe the government, not sure about that).

Student Aid on the Web

Also check scholarships. Your employer is a good place to look or see if your employer offers tuition reimbursement. Also, a lot of the larger companies offer scholarships, like Wal-Mart.

If the event that you do not get any scholarships or governmental grants and have to take out student loans and/or pay out of pocket... unless you can not get your degree elsewhere, I'd suggest trying a community college or something to at least get your lower level classes much cheaper.

Online education, distance education, online bachelor degree, distance learning degrees – Columbia College offers degrees online. While they are more expensive then other places, they aren't outrageous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

Trying to go back to school [ 1 Answers ]

How can I apply for financial aid if I'm a felon?:confused:

5th School in 9 years, 3rd school in 5 years . [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I have a few questions about visitation and Bio mom moving to yet another school district. 1. Bio mom has convinced oldest SD that money is more important than family, we have tried to get her to come home over the last two years... she refuses and BM does not make her( cops won't follow...

View more questions Search