Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lorik07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 07:16 PM
    At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color
    I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several colors going on!) and then used Wella ColorCharm, with 20vol developer. I was very happy with the color. However, when I went to touch up the roots, I used the same color & developer on the new growth, but it is much darker than the rest of my hair. I assume it is because I had taken all pigment out of my hair with Color Zap and then used the color of my choice.

My question is: do I use Color Zap (before using the color) on the roots every time I need to touch up the roots? Or do I use a higher strength developer? Or am I totally wrong altogether?

Please help! I would really appreciate some advice!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Sep 10, 2007, 05:26 PM
    No, you don't have to use color zap. Try using a 30-volume peroxide developer with your selected color. This should lift the roots a couple of shades lighter.
    CRYSTAL578 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Honestly I don't know I just wanted to know when you used color zap does it ruin your hair because I had went to sallys and I wanted to take black out my hair and she said removing it kud make my hair fall off and I was going to buy color zap and den dye it a color I wanted after

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will hair color remover remove the color or make it lighter? [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair light golden brown. My original hair color was dark brown. Now the golden brown is starting to fade and plus my hair is growing out at the roots. The hair color did damage to my hair and I don't want to permanent dye it anymore. All I want to do is put a dark rinse to at least get my...

How to apply color zap? Or how to remove unwanted black color? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello:) I am going to cosmetology school but yet they haven't showed me how to remove color my mom wants me to do it for her she has black hair and were trying to put a brown color on her I bought color zap but still I don't no haw to apply or what other product I could use is there a...

Will a color zap work if I have already bleached my hair somewhat? [ 1 Answers ]

So, I dyed my hair black now almost six months later I want to dye it a light brown... I already bleached it once to take some of the color out. It is now a reddish color I left it in for a half hour only cause I was scared it would damage my hair too much or lighten it too much I didn't want...

Color Zap [ 1 Answers ]

I just dyed my hair. It was supposed to turn out a dark reddish brown but instead it's almost black. I don't like it and I'm thinking about using L'oreal Color Zap. I just want to know if you have to recolor your hair if you use it because I'll be happy with my natural shade which is a light brown.

Color Zap [ 1 Answers ]

I covered my gray with Natural Instincts Costal Dune color. It won't wash out and now I have gray roots. I'd like to go back to my gray color. Am I correct that I can use the Color Zap and not have to apply new color? Somebody told me that color removers would just turn my hair orange and I'd...

View more questions Search