Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimjackson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Add a shower drain under a toilet ?
    We have a toilet installed on our cement basement floor . Can I add an adapter to raise up
    The toilet so that I can hook up to a shower drain??
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 07:04 PM
    No you can't make this type of connection. If you want to add a shower to this bath you'll need to jack hammer some flooring so your connection to the drain will be 3' up stream of the toilet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet and Shower Drain [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I recently purchased a condo and have begun remodeling the bathroom which is on the second floor. I am not very experienced with any of this and was hoping someone could tell me if what I have done so far sounds good. First Question: For the new bathroom I needed to move the toilet over 1'....

Want to add a shower in basement. Already has toilet. [ 5 Answers ]

I want to make my 1/2 bath in the basement into a full bath. The toilet already exists however it is to close to the cement wall to add a 2x4 wall behind it. So, that is going to have to be moved. The sink drains above ground. Is it easy to tie the shower into the toilet line that already exists.

Toilet and shower drain problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have had sewer problems for the past 5 months. They came out and snaked the lines twice and put in a clean out and the city changed my lateral. The snake worked the first time for 5 weeks and the second time it didn't but the city said the lateral pipe coming in was loaded with roots and...

Toilet and Shower Drain Issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I moved into a brand new house 6 weeks ago. Over the last two weeks I have been having intermittent problems with the shower drain and the toilet next to it. The toilet will sometimes fill up with water whilst flushing and take quite a whil to go down to normal level. Also sometimes...

Shower drain causing Toilet overflow [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of replacing the commode in my bathroom, the old commode is removed and that leaves the toilet hole exposed, for the time being. During this time, water in the shower is turned on. The shower is about 4 feet away from the toilet. About 15 minutes later, water starts seeping...

View more questions Search