Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lesleyhm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 05:21 PM
    I have to prove my innocence to my husband!
    Help! I received a phone call one night from an anonymous caller stating that I needed to call a number to get information about my husband. Of course I called the number and it was a lady that my husband was having an affair with. She had found out he was married a few days or week before and says that a detective that was hired by either myself or my parents called her and told her this. Now my husband is making threats to me and my parents about having him investigated. I NEVER hired an investigator, Promise. How do I find out who this person is that called me and prove that I did not hire a private investigator, detective, or whatever else they want to say. She even went as far as to make a false police report saying I threatened to kill her. I did not do that either. She has even made up a story that I went to the police and filed a report that my husband was doing illegal things just to get him in trouble. I did not do any of this. We just moved into our dream house and I was devastated when I received the phone calls. I am the only one innocent of anything but loving my husband. Yet I am the only one suffering. My husband says he has proof that I did it. How can you have proof if I did not do anything. I am desperate to prove my innocence at this point. HELP!
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Sep 9, 2007, 05:38 PM
    You need to go to the police and ask to see the report allgedly filed by you, and as for the husband-dump him. BTW is the other woman doing this?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 06:13 PM
    This sounds fishy to me. First of all, why would the detective contact the woman to tell her that the guy she was having a relationship with, was married, and they knew this because they were sneaking around and watching them. And why would she feel the need to tell you that she was having an affair with your hubby, when you or your parents were the ones who supposedly hired this guy to investigate them. What reason would your parents have to hire someone to investigate? Have you talked to them about it? The anonymous caller, was it a man or woman? Call me paranoid, but to me, it sounds like your hubby and his mistress made this whole scheme up. The way he is reacting, and saying he can "prove that you said all these things" etc, it just all sounds too fishy to me. Either way, you don't need to prove your innocence to your husband. If he has been cheating on you, and is threatening you and your parents, and behaving this way, you need to dump him on his butt and leave him. Dream house or no. If you did not say or do these things, then there is no reason you need to prove your innocence, as there is no proof to bring against you, correct?I agree, you need to speak with the police and try to find out about this so called detective, and the reports filed, etc. You might want to think about getting yourself a good lawyer as well, or filing some reports of your own.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Sounds like he and his girlfriend are trying to attack you and take the focus off the real problem, you husband is cheating.

So have you kicked him out of the house yet? So what if they are accusing you of this, who cares? It is not wrong to do so. There is no reason to care what they say? Why are you worrying about it.

If you did not hire one, you did not hire one , who cares?
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Your husband is planning on all these, I am an outsider, but I see it clearly that he and his mistress are doing this dirty trick!

Don't hesitate, use your brain! Be smart now, I can't believe you are thinking how to prove yourself.

Planning on getting divorced now, someone who is like your husband is not even worth of a chance! I don't suggest him go to a counselor, I hope he goes to JAIL!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 06:35 PM
    I think maybe your husband is trying to take the focus off the fact that he is cheating. Proving your innocence should not be your problem or concern. Getting rid of that husband is what you need to be doing.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Proving YOUR innocence?

He is cheating (perhaps) and he needs to prove his own sorry innocence.

Get a lawyer and perhaps get an investigator for real!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 17, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Have the number traced and then you'll know who started this whole thing. Sounds very fishy to me too!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 17, 2007, 08:46 AM
    I go along with the others. The saying goes that the best defense is a good offense. And that appears to be what your husband is doing. Trying to take the heat off himself for cheating by putting it on you for hiring someone to catch him cheating.

Don't let him intimidate you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can this prove infidelity? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband left our marriage abruptly a few months ago. I have circumstanstial evidence that he is cheating on me. I was told that infidelity in my state (Rhode Island) can only be proven if you catch the two parties "in the act" or by finding vehicles of the parties overnight together. I have...

I Love Him. But How Can I Prove It? [ 7 Answers ]

OK I Love My Boyfriend To Pieces! And He Loves Me.. But My ex has said to me that he wants me back (by text) and my boyfriend saw my text and he thinks that I don't love him and that he is going to loose me! But I don't want anything to do with my ex! I have told my boyfriend this 100 times and he...

Can I prove my innocence? [ 4 Answers ]

I didn't even leave the store. I went to look out the doors to see if my friend was coming and they stopped me and told me I was being charged for shoplifting. The security guard said it was my intention to steal. I explained to him that I never would have left the store without paying. Should...

How do you prove someone is crazy. [ 8 Answers ]

How do you prove someone has a pscological problem?

View more questions Search