Al(s) + O2(g) ?
    Pb(s) + ZnCl2(s) ?
    Rb(s) + Zn(NO3)2(aq) ?
    Rb(s) + Zn(NO3)2(aq)

Any help would be appreciated
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2005, 09:28 PM
    While I'm usually glad to help with questions, I prefer you take [U]at least a guess at the answers[/U]. More complicated problems... I'll give some guidance as how to start, but open any gen chem book to the index, look up double displacement and you'll find examples that should at least give you a clue as how to proceed. At least take a guess...

*sigh* look at the elements... metals replace metals... you need to know charges of groups like NO3, OH, or halide ions. Should know these from when you covered nomenclature. Beyond that, learn what double displacement means. Look in your class notes and in the book. Once you know the charges and you know what the term means and review a few examples, it should all make sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Double breaker? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently put in a new 200 amp. Service and had to install a large J-box to extend the wiring to the new location, (not very far). My problem is that I have a new 2-pole 40 amp. Breaker for the "A/C", and a 15 amp. Breaker for the "furnace". My confussion is that either of these breakers...

Double drain [ 3 Answers ]

I have a sink in the basement attached to the drain pipe for the unstairs kitchen sink. There is a vent pipe in the basement sink between the sink and the main drain of the upstairs drain/vent pipe. The basement vent stops at the floor joist. When the upstairs sink is drained after doing dishes...

Double swith [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone help I have a double swith that I am trying to connect, I have red,white black ground wires coming out the wall. And I have a green wire in the switch. Can someone give me direction how to connect them. Thanks

Double payment [ 1 Answers ]

Recently a large municipal government has made news headlines after it was discovered that frequent double payments of vendor invoices had occurred. Some of these double payments had significant dollar values attached to them. What procedural recommendations would you make to ensure that a...

Double Combo vs Double Tee [ 24 Answers ]

Hi All, The drains of my two storey home drain to one point at my basement ceiling, and then vertically to the basement floor via a 3" DWV pipe to a 4" sanitary tee that horizontally provides 1) a clean-out and 2) drain to the septic out the foundation wall. The center-line of the 4" sanitary is...

View more questions Search