Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Sep 9, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Wooden Porch - paint suggestions
    Does anyone have any advice on painting a wooden porch floor?

I've sanded ALL the old paint off. Bare wood, either pine or fir (mixed, from repairs and such).

What's the best and most durable coating?

Thanks,
    Stew
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Sep 9, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Try a no-skid paint. It works well when the porch is properly primed. Also there is a concrete primer that works in conjunction the no-skid paint.
    After priming the bare wood with latex or oil based primer, "prime" the primer with this concrete primer (goes on milkey color and dries clear). Then paint on the no-skid paint.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 12, 2007, 05:29 PM
    The most durable paint you can use will be a oil base paint, the no skid paint is fine, it does have a grit to it, kind of like sand, I think it is silicone beads though not for sure,

Usually we just use high gloss oil for the floors usually gray.
    Most importantly you do need to prime this before you paint

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wooden shed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a large wooden shed by my house we just had a tree cut down I would like to move it to the back of the yard what's the best way to move one of these sheds

Interior Wall&Ceiling Paint ? - suggestions needed for repairs! [ 5 Answers ]

We recently had to do some remodeling in my living room to accommodate an electrical switch, overhead light, and 2 wall sconses. This included a contractor making several holes in my ceiling and walls and repairing the holes with drywall. The drywall looks great, however when he came back to...

Wooden filofax [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know who makes wooden filofaxes? Thanks

Novel - Wooden Centauri [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Askme Helpers, Can someone please help me with the novel 'Wooden Centauri'? I need the: Authors name, If it was published in Hardback, The ISBN, If it is available on Cassette, CD or online for download or listening to,

Porch eroding away [ 1 Answers ]

My home is about 10 years old and the front porch is on a slope. Currently, there is no retaining wall (which I plan to add). Due to erosion over the past few years, the porch has begun to sink, pulling the molding away about 1/4 of an inch away from the brick above the door. You can see under...

View more questions Search