Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    batrob2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Mixed signals from this girl. Do all pretty girls love to play games?
    This girl has sent me mixed signals for awhile. I met her in business school a few months ago (she was 1st yr, I was 2nd yr) and I helped her with career interview prep. Her body language was always a little innocent, nervous and curious about me, but she did mention her BF (who lives in a different city).

At the end of the internship interviews (for which I had helped her), she asked me to dinner. At dinner she flirted heavily, but suddenly talked about her BF saying that they've been dating for three years, then asked about my situation. I said I'm single but she said I should go after girls who even have BFs, it's fair game and looked deep into my eyes. She was definitely flirting. Then, she sent me a card from spring break, but ignored my email when I asked her out. Weeks later, she was flirtatious all of a sudden and asked me to dinner. At this point, I thought she was just playing games, so I said I'm busy and refused. She said "well, you're supposed to suggest an alternate time", to which I simply replied "But you didn't do that either when I asked you last time" -- I said this without any anger, just matter-of-factly. That weekend, we were at the same party (organized by the school) and I was dancing with another girl (even though I knew she was there). She looked visibly jealous and following that, just stopped talking to me.

Six weeks later, when it was close to my graduation, I just gave in and said hi to her, just to see if there was anything here at all. Three days later, at a party, she asked me to dance, we rubbed up on the dance floor, she said "I'd like to get to know you", and talked about that other party when I was dancing with the other girl and said "You didn't have eyes for anyone else that night". She was extremely flirtatious the whole night. I asked her to dinner again and she said sure, and even said "I'm looking forward to it" and winked. But next day, at dinner she again talks about BF, says she's in love, but then says she falls out of love easily, acts disinterested & says "I'm a ball of sexual tension" - ? I got sick of it & didn't contact her for 2 mnths. Suddenly, she calls again, but when the phone tag ends, says her BF's in town.

I think it's clear that she's just playing games. But my question is more about -- do pretty girls always play guys like this? I mean, she's absolutely stunning, but are there any freaking good looking girls out there that are just normal? And want to have a chill, good time? I've made it clear to her that I don't like girls that play games, but why is she still continuing to do this? I feel sorry for her BF. If she is flirting behind his back (I've seen her flirting with other guys too), she is sure to leave him, and repeat this behavior with her new BF, whoever that schmuck turns out to be. Not me!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 11:45 AM
    There are plenty of girls out there that don't play games. This girl will continue to play with you as long as you let her.
    Don't call her, don't answer email, leave her alone and she will get the message and find someone else to play with.
    JonLR92 Posts: 81, Reputation: -2

Sep 9, 2007, 11:47 AM
    That's the thing, when girls know they are pretty that's when they start to get into the games bit. When girls don't think they are very pretty or are just shy about it then those are the girls that you can trust. I know a lot of girls that are the type of girl your talking about, and some have actually told me that girls just want to have fun. Just like that. Don't worry though man not all girls are like that. If your intrested in her don't be anymore. All these girls that act like that are bound to be single for the rest of their lives unless they change. I mean who wants to be with a girl that flirts with every boy she sees. Not me anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mixed signals [ 6 Answers ]

After playing hot and cold with me, my b/f with whom I broke up coupla months back and then asked him to come back, have been sending messages like OK, let's meet for 1 hr or so to spend some time in a motel... what is he doing?. I mean he could've asked me out for lunch if he wished to really...

Mixed Signals from an Ex With a New Girlfriend [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the long story short.. after being together for almost 2 years my boyfriend broke up with me 4 months ago at the beginning of junior year of high school saying he doesn't want to be in a relationship right now and needs a break. We remained good friends and I gave him space. Things started...

What's Up With His Mixed Signals [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so this guy I have been talking to for a while says he really likes me, gives me romantic and playful hugs, and he always invites me over to watch movies on his couch together and cuddle... and he said the only reason he isn't dating me right now is because his best friend has a major crush on...

View more questions Search