Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raymond633 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Pvc cement
    How do I remove a 3 inch section of pvc from a 3 inch to 1 inch reducer that I solvent welded together
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Sep 9, 2007, 11:27 AM
    You'll have to cut it out and replace the pieces. Once glued, they are "one"
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Take a hacksaw, or sawzall and cut out the pieces. Even if there was a way, which there is not, to remove the stuck pieces, the sizing would be off and you would not get a good seal. The cement is not just a glue that sticks two things together like elmer's school glue. Pipe CEMENT actually welds the pieces together by melting the plastic a little and dissolving it to a certain point, and when placed together and allowed to dry, becomes one unit.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by raymond633
    how do i remove a 3 inch section of pvc from a 3 inch to 1 inch reducer that i solvent welded together
    You use a 'Ram-Bit'.
    raymond633 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 05:17 AM
    Thanks guys

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pvc tile for use on cement [ 1 Answers ]

Is pvc the best tile to use on cement basement floor?

Where to buy oatey abs/pvc transition cement (green)? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if any of the big box stores or another national chain carry the oatey abs/pvc green transition cement? Thanks

Broken PVC closet collar, cement floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Any ideas to simplify getting the broken PVC flange off the PVC pipe... I have broken off the collar portion, can see the joint, was primed & glued as supposed to be... collar is insert style. I have made 5 cuts with hacksaw through the collar stem, tried to force a wedge (screwdriver)...

Now What--PVC cement on ABS [ 1 Answers ]

Used PVC cement on black (ABS?) pipe on a trailer while gluing in a Drain Master flange. Cement is P-8 Nutone PVC Cement (ASTM D-2564). Joint looked good put didn't stress it. Will it hold? If not, what now? (just another example of gaining 'experience' by doing stupid things--great fun...

View more questions Search