Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nmstang50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2005, 10:53 AM
    Dark line
    I recently removed some hair from my upper lip with a hair buffer. But now I have a dark line above my lip. I have tried everything to make it go away. (putting moisturizer and vitamin e oil) I don't know what else to do. Could you please tell me what I can do? It really is embrassing.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 17, 2005, 05:26 AM
    Have you tried peroxide? There is also a product that is made from biodegradable enzymes called quick and brite, you can even wash your hair with it and is totally safe. If these don't work, check with a dermatologist. It just might take time, skin peels and regenerates itself with time, until then, use a cover up stick. Good luck. Please let me know if this helped. Thanks.

Chery
    kinekon18 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Sep 17, 2005, 09:28 AM
    Hair buffers...
    It sounds like you may be experiencing a superficial burn to your skin, if this is the case the skin will be darker than the surrounding area, the buffers work by sawdusting the hair off (in effect) if you used too much force that's probably the way you hurt yourself?
    You only need a light wrist action, better still - why not bleach the hair in that area?
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Sep 17, 2005, 09:37 AM
    Nmstang 50
    I am an esthetician. And the dark line is the hair at the surfface and just below that did not get removed by your buffer thing and doesn't it hurt? What you are seeing is the so called 5 oclock shadow that men get. Waxing this area by a professional is best. And with regular waxing it will disappear. You need to find an esthetician that knows her business though and will work with you to get the rate of growth to be even so you don't have to pluck or wax in between
    Waxing may need to be (depending on how quickly it grows back in) at every few weeks at 1st. Then you lengthen the time to any where from every 3-4 weeks(again depending on growth, how fast and how clean you want it) to as long as 6-8 weeks apart. Good luck ranieri

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too Dark [ 2 Answers ]

I'm real dark and I'm tired of being teased about it and I was looking for a way to lighten my skin guadually without bleaching and I was wondering if cocoa butter lighten skin. :)

Dye too dark [ 1 Answers ]

I got a very loose perm approximately one week ago... a little fuzzy but can curl it.. however, I dyed it a light ash blonde when I normally dye it lightest ash, or lightest beige... Just did this yesterday.. what is the best/safest home remedy?? Thanks so much... thinking of going bald would...

In the dark [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a very unusual problem with my home. We just moved in 2 months ago and there were no problems with the side. In our bedroom we had a TV, cable box, clock radio and one light. For the last two months everything was working. Now for what ever reason all the power in bedroom and the...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search