Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    workontime Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 11:11 PM
    Where do the wires hook up to?
    Hello, I have a package unit, I want to add electric heat. I received the heat package but with no instructions on where to hook-up the wires from the contactor energizing the heating elements. I understand that one of the wires should go to the w1 on my thermostat, but where does the other wire hook up to? I know it must be to a low voltage or control voltage connection, but not sure to what. I don't want to burn up my transformer or thermostat, so I ask "where do the wires hook up?"
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 03:07 AM
    Sometimes if you look at the wiring diagram on the unit it will show where the AUX heaters are wired to the low voltage. What is the model and serial number of the unit?

A total guess on my part would be that since you have one of the signal wire s going to w1 the other would have to go to the common or neutral on the transformer to provide 24 volts with a call for heat. You can check this with a meter before making the actual hook up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which wires to I hook up to new thermostat? [ 5 Answers ]

I would be so grateful if someone could help me out. I have an old Janitrol thermostat, just purchased a Lux programmable one. The wiring doesn't all match. I'm having a hard time with the RC and RH, which have a jumper--this is on the new one. Here is the diagram for the old wiring: ...

Trying to hook up a new celling fan but wires don't seem right [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, A few days ago I took down an old celling fan to find the older one was not put up right. It only was screwed to a block of wood so I removed that and put up a bar and box supported on the beams of the house. Anyway that was my first problem that I ran into the next one was the wiring . I...

Hampton Bay remote wires do not match fan wires [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I installed a new Hunter ceiling fan. I also purchased a Hampton Bay wireless wall switch. Everything went well until I wired up the remote receiver. The receiver has a blue wire for the light that is supposed to connect to the blue wire (light) from the fan. The Hunter fan does not have...

View more questions Search