Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hottrodder246 Posts: 125, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 09:36 PM
    What's out there?
    Just out of curiosity what do you think is beyond our vision in outer space?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2007, 05:03 AM
    Beyond the observable universe? Theory suggests that there's just more universe. However scientists don't really bother with the part of the universe that we can't see, because if we can't see it, we can't study it and it's a bit pointless to focus on it when there's so much more to focus on that we can see.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 10, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Keeping in mind that the farther away something is the longer ago it existed, the limit to how far one can see is controlled by how soon after the Big Bang the first stars and galaxies evolved. The furthest galaxy identified to date is about 13 Billion light-years away, which means it formed within about 750 million years of the Big Bang. See: HubbleSite - NewsCenter - Hubble and Keck Team Up to Find Farthest Known Galaxy in Universe (02/15/2004) - Introduction Someday we may find a galaxy even further away (and older), but not by much, as there were no organized stars and galaxies much earlier than that. So what happened during the first 500 million years or so of the history of the universe is beyond our vision.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 10:28 AM
    If the universe is expanding as it is,then would it not take that much longer to reach further into space than we already have?
    Gymboy1590 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 10:34 AM

We will never fully explore space its just to big
    JQiamscared08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin View Post
    beyond the observable universe? theory suggests that there's just more universe. However scientists don't really bother with the part of the universe that we can't see, because if we can't see it, we can't study it and it's a bit pointless to focus on it when there's so much more to focus on that we can see.
    I am surprised.. don't people know it's just always has been? We have Scientists trying to figure out dark matter.. Mars.. Jupiter.. Space Stations & telescopes looking for aliens. And we might find every answer to our questions accept one... who made it all?

We are just a flake ina snow globe... it is impossible for there NOT to be something greater than us all.. the universe itself...

I believe that there is other life in out spcace somewhere... but I also believe that we are all God's creation...
    Gymboy1590 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 10:50 AM

If there was other life out there why would god hide them from us wouldn't he put them right by us so we could hang out and enjoy one another god made the universe so big so that he could show us how big he was
    cosmic123 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 03:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hottrodder246 View Post
    Just out of curiosity what do you think is beyond our vision in outer space?
    This is exactly the question I was going to ask. What is beyond the known universe? A brick wall? More space? Even more space is something. And then,, what is beyond that?
    It's mind-boggling to think about. Because even nothing is something. Say for example our known universe is the size of a beach ball. Then what is 1 billion light years beyond that? And so on... If one is religious, I must ask, where did God live before he created the universe?
    This is actually a stupid question, because no one knows and we never will. Unless death helps us see the light. It is all simply thought provoking. I just think that there has to be something or nothing beyond,, nothing. It's like thinking of eternity, It NEVER ends.
    I think if we knew was was beyond the known universe and a million times after that, we would not understand it. The top scientist on earth would be miffed. It's simply out of our realm of understanding. Freaky stuff man!

Oct 31, 2008, 03:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JQiamscared08 View Post
    I am surprised .. don't people know it's just always has been? We have Scientists trying to figure out dark matter..Mars.. Jupiter.. Space Stations & telescopes looking for aliens. And we might find every answer to our questions accept one...who made it all?

We are just a flake ina snow globe... it is impossible for there NOT to be something greater than us all.. the universe itself...

I believe that there is other life in out spcace somewhere... but I also believe that we are all God's creation...
    But wait,, If you believe we are all God's creation, you can't believe in life outside of Earth. Because God spent 99% of his time creating heaven and our Earth. He spent the remaining 3 minutes on the 6th day creating the rest of the universe. Creation is centered on the Earth we live on. The rest was an after thought. "And he also created the stars". Read the Bible. The entire Bible is based on Earth,, no mention of the other billions of other life bearing planets.

Oct 31, 2008, 03:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymboy1590 View Post
    if there was other life out there why would god hide them from us wouldnt he put them right by us so we could hang out and enjoy one another god made the universe so big so that he could show us how big he was
    Good point. If God wanted us to be faithful to him, he should show his face and proclaim his presence. But yet, he keeps it a mystery, keeps us guessing and killing in his name. Why not come down and say Hi? Why the big mystery?
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Feb 8, 2009, 09:44 AM

I think we might be able to see into deep deep space because now we are able to see galaxies that are 13 billion light years away! Think of 200 hundred years later, when telescopes will be 15 times stronger then Hubble! We will be able to see, just see galaxy that are being looked at 1 or 2 million years after the Big bang!

But I think that we must hurry, because since space is expanding, galaxies will be farther and farther way in the future.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 02:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by survivorboi View Post
    I think we might be able to see into deep deep space because now we are able to see galaxies that are 13 billion light years away! Think of 200 hundred years later, when telescopes will be 15 times stronger then Hubble! We will be able to see, just see galaxy that are being looked at 1 or 2 million years after the Big bang!

But i think that we must hurry, because since space is expanding, galaxies will be farther and farther way in the future.
    Stronger telescopes don't let you see further, they just let you see in more detail. The distance you can see is limited by the speed of light.
    MaryJS Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Feb 9, 2009, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin View Post
    beyond the observable universe? theory suggests that there's just more universe. However scientists don't really bother with the part of the universe that we can't see, because if we can't see it, we can't study it and it's a bit pointless to focus on it when there's so much more to focus on that we can see.
    Hmm! It depends a little on what one says is "observable" or not. Either one can discuss what is inside our light cone (independently of our instruments) or what is observable to us today with our technology.

The furthest quasars we can observe today, lie on a redshift z=6 or so (?). This is also the limit, where a change in their spectra can be observed, that is due to that at redshifts z>6, the Universe was expected to be neutral. (They At z<6, the Universe got ionized again.

So what one could see beyond our limit at z=6, is actually a neutral Universe! (A little while, until it until gets ionized, if Standard Cosmology is right.) Our Universe today, is ionized.

But on the other hand, below you can discover that Naoz et. Al actually DID bother with the part of Universe we cannot see... :-)

Wiley InterScience :: Session Cookies

Anyway, I always love and admire Capuchins' answers!

Feb 9, 2009, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    If the universe is expanding as it is,then would it not take that much longer to reach further into space than we already have?
    I think, there are far too small chances for us to get out from Milky Way in any way.
    But, we can reach out in Milky Way independently of how the Universe is expanding,
    Because even if the Universe is expanding, Milky Way is not expanding (the structure keeps it being together, at least for now and most of the future, until it will fall apart/merge some day).

So, we can continue exploring the space within our Galaxy (and perhaps Andromera too, after a collision, if there will not be too much star formation around our Solar System :-)).

Feb 9, 2009, 12:43 PM

Erratum correction: Andromeda, of course :-)
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Feb 14, 2009, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by survivorboi View Post
    ... But i think that we must hurry, because since space is expanding, galaxies will be farther and farther way in the future.
    Note that humanity exists some million years by now, and in that relative short time galaxies have not moved too much. Humanities knowledge and technology exists only some couple of hundreds years today, and in that time galaxies have hardly moved at all.

If humanity continues as it does at present with destroying it's own habitat and future, that same knowledge and technology will have disappeared in a couple of hundred years from today again - for ever.

If you want to hurry than make sure you hurry for mental sanity of humanity, in support of all life on earth...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's going on here? [ 9 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have suffered panic disorder and depression for over 22 yrs now. I just got out of an abusive relationship of 8 years, I have not contacted this man but he is making me so sad because he stopped the car as I was...

What's going on ? [ 2 Answers ]

This month my period was odd, the first day was kind of normal - but the next day it was very light almost just spotting, and the 3-5 was just spotting everyday lighter then the day before I saw a few brown spots as well, and this took place when my period should have, I had intercourse 3 or 4 days...

What's his and what's mine. [ 13 Answers ]

I have been a stay at home mom for 4 1\2 years, and I just reciently started a new career. I am seriously thinking about leaving my husband. We have three kids, a house, a car, and other debts. I am not spitefull, or mean, and I'm not a babymama drama kind of person. How do you go about what is...

What's going on? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all, Don't know how this site works but can you ask questions and get answers from a phychic? If that's the case I really need to know what's going on between me and this guy at work. We seem very connected and everything seems like it should be, but we cannot move on to the next level. I...

What's Going On? [ 3 Answers ]

I think I am pregnant but I'm not sure. I have this weird feeling that I am. I have been spotting or something. Not sure if it's that or not and really don't want to go see a doctor. I also am fatigue all the time and feel sick (nausia). What do you think it is?:eek:

View more questions Search