Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy one Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Sep 8, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Spirits in my house.
    We've been having an on going problem with spirits in our home since we built here.We've seen one and hear footsteps going across the planter shelves in our ten foot ceilings.It sounds like someone jumps up there and walks across with boots on.I've had things thrown across the room and doors opening.The worst thing to me has been the spirit that talks to me.No I'm not crazy either.I'm a very sound minded person.Most people in our family are sensitives.The one spirit that I'm referring to has told me he's behind me on more than one occasion.A few days ago I was putting on my makeup in my bathroom and I'd had an uncomfortable feeling like I was being watched.I tried to shake it off but still felt uneasy.As I was putting on my mascara I heard that same raspy voice say HI.It was so scarey.I ran out my bathroom screaming down the hall and to my sons room pounding on his door.I was so shook up and could not believe what had just happened.I know it doesn't sound like much.You would have to hear the voice.Its so evil sounding.The spirit felt evil.It was straight out of a horror movie.I just don't know what to do.MOVE?Anyone else have spirits that communicate to them?
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Sep 8, 2007, 05:52 PM
    How old are you?
    SabbzR Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Sep 8, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Spirits? O.o call the ghostbusters ;)

"A few days ago I was putting on my makeup in my bathroom and I'd had an uncomfortable feeling like I was being watched." <-- that's perfectly normal paranoia lol, I get that too.

I don't mean to sound nasty or condescending, buts its really simple.

You have two choices:

1. call your local neighbourhood psychic, so you can pay him/her $500 to tell you that you have an evil spirit in your home, plus an additional $400 so he/she can remove it from your home with no guarantee that it will actually be gone.

Or

2. move.

Why waste time with something that likes to float around your home with a bad attitude? Why put yourself through unnecessary grief and worry?
    -

Sep 8, 2007, 06:08 PM
    When I was like 12 I would feel like I always saw ghosts and stuff. Then I quit believing in it and don't see them anymore... they were probably never there to begin with. I think that people get it in our minds and we think about them and imagine that they are their because we are scared but really they aren't.
    JDW1889 Posts: 66, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 06:18 PM
    I have spirits but I bearly hear them talking and when they do it's just a "Hi". Just do some prayers every night. Tell me if this helps or not.
    JDW1889 Posts: 66, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Type in this link and follow the directions. You may need a compass

Keeping Evil Spirits Away
    ray2222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by happy one
    We've been having an on going problem with spirits in our home since we built here.We've seen one and hear footsteps going across the planter shelves in our ten foot ceilings.It sounds like someone jumps up there and walks across with boots on.I've had things thrown across the room and doors opening.The worst thing to me has been the spirit that talks to me.No I'm not crazy either.I'm a very sound minded person.Most people in our family are sensitives.The one spirit that I'm referring to has told me hes behind me on more than one occasion.A few days ago I was putting on my makeup in my bathroom and I'd had an uncomfortable feeling like I was being watched.I tryed to shake it off but still felt uneasy.As I was putting on my mascara I heard that same raspy voice say HI.It was so scarey.I ran out my bathroom screaming down the hall and to my sons room pounding on his door.I was so shook up and could not believe what had just happened.I know it doesn't sound like much.You would have to hear the voice.Its so evil sounding.The spirit felt evil.It was straight out of a horror movie.I just don't know what to do.MOVE?Anyone else have spirits that communicate to them?
    Spirits it is very common for people to claim to seeing ghosts or spirits any way how old is your house its stupid but if no ones died in it.
    Its obvious your imagineing it
    happy one Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Sep 8, 2007, 07:17 PM
    I'm 51.Why?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Your age really isn't relevant. I don't know why it was asked. :p

One thing you can try is having a priest come an exorcise the house. I know people who have done this and had good results.

Another thing is, and this may sound stupid, but you can try writing the show Ghost Hunters. If they think your case is severe enough, they may come out. They travel everywhere in the US and I have seen them go overseas as well. They will stay in the house overnight and take video and audio and give you the results and what they think you should do. It's a long shot, but it may work. :)
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 07:28 PM
    You could have a priest bless your home...
    -

Sep 8, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Just wondering.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 08:11 PM
    AKaeTrue agrees: A blessing is a lesser forms of an exorcism. If a blessing doesn' work, the church (catholic) will seek out proof that demonic possession exists before they preform an exorcism. However, I'm unsure of what takes place that makes them so different:-)
    Thank you very much for clearing that up. I just learned something new :p
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Thank you very much for clearing that up. I just learned something new :p
    LOL, Maybe something new on the catholic outlook on the matter.
    I wish I knew more about other denominations and their views on the topic.
    They could be (and probably are) totally different than what I've been raised hearing all my life.
    I didn't think about that when I posted...
    I don't want to seem like I'm one sided here:)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 01:09 AM
    We've been having an on going problem with spirits in our home since we built here.We've seen one and hear footsteps going across the planter shelves in our ten foot ceilings.It sounds like someone jumps up there and walks across with boots on.I've had things thrown across the room and doors opening.The worst thing to me has been the spirit that talks to me.No I'm not crazy either.I'm a very sound minded person.Most people in our family are sensitives.The one spirit that I'm referring to has told me hes behind me on more than one occasion.A few days ago I was putting on my makeup in my bathroom and I'd had an uncomfortable feeling like I was being watched.I tryed to shake it off but still felt uneasy.As I was putting on my mascara I heard that same raspy voice say HI.It was so scarey.I ran out my bathroom screaming down the hall and to my sons room pounding on his door.I was so shook up and could not believe what had just happened.I know it doesn't sound like much.You would have to hear the voice.Its so evil sounding.The spirit felt evil.It was straight out of a horror movie.I just don't know what to do.MOVE?Anyone else have spirits that communicate to them?
    Hi happy one,
    As you mentioned most people in your family being senstives, has any of them harmed a ghost while in your house or do they contact ghosts and ask them favours?

This could be a reason for their disturbing you.

I advised another person on this forum on how to make a ghost leave,but as it is a part of my belief, I will advise it only if you wish to know.
    MayMsredrose Posts: 189, Reputation: 13

Sep 9, 2007, 03:20 AM
    Dear Happy one... I think you have posted once that you & your son are sensitive and we have agreed that people like us can hear, see, sometimes can even communicate with spirits... in your earlier post you have mentioned about your house and what's going on... I think you need to investigate the history of the land where you have built your house, ask a priest to bless your land & house, do daily prayer asking GOD for protection... I know what are you going through if you remember I told you that I am going through similar situation... but I wonder if you are sensitive and communicate with it... why you did not ask what does it want from you?

It's clear that what you have at your house is evil entity if all the above did not work then it's better to move before someone of your family get hurt...

Ms. Redrose
    jas654 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2011, 11:37 PM
    Find the history of the land first all was good to know what your dealing with.. I have been through this many a time but some spirits will follow you if they are drawn to you.. you must not be afarid as they can feed on this,but just tell them to move on if you find this this not working or your not strong enough for this get someone to come in and move them for you..
    cherylcolbert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2011, 05:25 AM
    To know if you actually have these spirits in your house you should try a few experiments: at night time get a tape recorder and when you know everyone is in bed turn it on while you sleep it should record what you can't hear for yourself. Also the simple baby powder trick. When everyone is in bed put baby powder in your hall and down your stairs. If there are drag marks (not foot prints) then you know if something is there. When you have established that there is something there buy some sage and a white candle burn the sage in a bowl in your living room light the white candle and say I give you permission to go into the light and leave me be. This should work if not research some other techniques on the web!
    samjb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2011, 02:02 PM
    I've heard spirits talking to me in a similar way, and I know its hard to explain, I'm a perfectly normal 17 year old boy, as a young boy I used to see things that I could not explain, and lately I've been having black outs and felling really dizzy and faint, yet I've been doctors and I'm perfectly healthy, there's no explanation, but I've read other sites and apparently spirits can take the energy out of us which can lead to these symptoms, but home alone I hear somebody whisper "who is it" when I walk into our utility room !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spirits [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Some odd things have been going on in my house lately hense my being here today. My family is fairly religious, my mom has had stuff happen to her in the past growing up, things moving around and floating things like that. This is not a joke... They moved out of the house when the...

Are there spirits in my house? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Amanda and I am only 12 and a half and I need to know if there are spirits in my house because my uncle passed away a couple weeks ago and I need to know if it's him trying to contact me and tell me it's OK. Also my father, dog, father's friend and grandpa have passed away and...

Is there spirits in my house? [ 18 Answers ]

My husband and I have lived in our house for 4 years (house was built in 1955) My neighbors knew the previous owners... as far as I know no deaths in the house. My husband has claimed to have felt a "presence" though I never have. However, we have 4 children and a lot of electronic toys in our...

Wine and spirits [ 77 Answers ]

I feel a little bit guilty for posting in here while I am in mourning and observing shiva... but I'm having trouble sleeping again and I guess this is a bit of a distraction for me. If you're curious what I'm talking about, please read my thread under bereavement: ...

Do I have spirits? [ 6 Answers ]

I visit abanded asylums,with that all photos have orbs with faces,really.I get chills a lot with hair on the back of my neck & the heat is blastingg.I hear whispering when I go to bed on one occasion a girls voice clearly said "can you help me? on another night I got up to get a drink and turned...

View more questions Search