Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdlejeune Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2005, 12:22 PM
    No water unless faucet slowly turned.
    Hello. We have a fauced that when turned normally does not have any water flowing out. There is a bang when this is done too.

If the faucet is turned slowly, water will come out.

Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 14, 2005, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlejeune
    Hello. We have a fauced that when turned normally does not have any water flowing out. There is a bang when this is done too.

If the faucet is turned slowly, water will come out.

Thanks!!
    We need more details. What make is the faucet? What type is it? One handle.two knobs? What does it do? Hot or cold side? Please answer and we'll get back to you. Tom

Sep 15, 2005, 04:30 AM
    Hello. I'm not sure of the make off hand, I can check tonight after work. It has two knobs and it is the cold that is causing the problem. :confused:
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 15, 2005, 10:28 AM
    Hello. I'm not sure of the make off hand, I can check tonight after work. It has two knobs and it is the cold that is causing the problem. :confused:

What does the faucet do? Sink? Lavatory? Tub? What? Tom

Sep 16, 2005, 12:13 PM
    It's a sink.
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 16, 2005, 02:41 PM
    It's a sink.
    First shut the water off under the cabinet and remove the right hand knob and the chrome cover plate. Now unscrew the larger nut and back the stem and washer assenbly out counterclockwise. Check the washer to be sure it's on tight and check the seat for nicks or rough spots, If you find any replace the seat. This stops the leak from the spout. Before you reassemble put a pan over the open valve and turn on the cold water for a few seconds to flush out the supply. Now reassemble the stem and washer assembly and tighten and snug up the smaller nut, (bonnet packing nut) This will stop any leak from the stem. Replace the chrome cover plate and the knob..
    Good luck, tom

Sep 19, 2005, 10:36 AM
    Worked perfectly, thank you! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drip when bathroom faucet is turned on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a problem that has me confused. When I turn on the hot water handle on my bathroom sink faucet I hear a dripping sound. I have investigate the hose from the faucet to the valve and found no moisture. I have also checked the valve up to the wall and see no moisture. No wetness on the...

Faucet still runs when shower is turned on. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a three handle faucet. I replaced the washer on the end of the stem, but that wasn't the problem. What could it be?

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

When the water was turned on again! [ 3 Answers ]

Had to turn the water line off for some repair work and after turning it back on after a half hour or so I flushed one of the toilets and KABOOM. Flushed the other toilet and same thing. I can understand some air in the line being compressed by all that water pressure but how to relieve it so it...

Water pressure slowly dropping [ 3 Answers ]

Good Morning! We bought a split-level, 1977 house about a year ago and are experiencing our first problem with it... the water pressure seems to be dropping. When we first bought the house, the pressure was strong. I don't know exactly when it happened, it has been getting gradually worse, but...

View more questions Search