Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nolongtin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Philosophy of science
    How was the trasition from geocentrism to heliocentrism executed. Who are the dramatis personal and their input to science.
    nolongtin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nolongtin
    how was the trasition from geocentrism to heliocentrism executed. who are the dramatis personal and their input to science.
    How was the trasition from geocentrism to heliocentrism executed. Who are the dramatis personal and their input to science.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 11, 2007, 12:58 PM
    In a nut shell:

Nicolaus Copernicus - postulated a helio-centric model, but with circular orbits.
    Johannes Kepler - figured out the orbits are eliptical, and derived equations that accurately predicted the positions of the planets (Kepler's laws)
    Tycho Brahe - provided much of the detailed observational data that allowed Kepler to derive his laws, but Tycho himself never believed in the helio-centric model.
    Galileo Galilei - observed the phases of Venus using the telescpoe, giving evidence that it orbits the sun.
    Sir Isaac Newton - devised his theory of gravity, and derived equations that explained why Kepler's laws work.

Look these guys up on Wikipedia for more detail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Philosophy of sound [ 14 Answers ]

Someone must be able to come up with something: If a tree fell in a forest and nobody was around, would it make a noise? I have a theory on this.

Why teach history and philosophy of science [ 2 Answers ]

Why is it we should have to teach the history and philosophy of science.

Philosophy [ 10 Answers ]

Is philosophy a concept or a study?

My philosophy [ 9 Answers ]

IF MY BODY WERE A CAR If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is Getting a little dull, but that's not the worst of it. My headlights are out of focus and it's...

View more questions Search