Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eljay1103 Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Sep 7, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Are Italians?
    I don't know if I put this is the right category but I was wondering if Italians were considered Latins or Latinos?
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Sep 7, 2007, 10:38 PM
    They are not. Latinos refers to Latin Americans. Which includes Mexico and pretty much everything to the south.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2007, 11:02 PM
    Very true answer above.

Also, in support of the answer above from the following site: Latino - definition of Latino by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Latino - Definition

1. A Latin American.
    2. A person of Hispanic, especially Latin-American, descent, often one living in the United States.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2007, 11:04 PM
    Here is something else from the following site: Latin - definition of Latin by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Lat·in (ltn)
    n.
    a. The Indo-European language of the ancient Latins and Romans and the most important cultural language of western Europe until the end of the 17th century.
    b. The Latin language and literature from the end of the third century b.c. to the end of the second century a.d.
    a. A member of a Latin people, especially a native or inhabitant of Latin America.
    b. A Latino or Latina.
    3. A native or resident of ancient Latium.
    adj.
    1. Of, relating to, or composed in Latin: a Latin scholar; Latin verse.
    a. Of or relating to ancient Rome, its people, or its culture.
    b. Of or relating to Latium, its people, or its culture.
    3. Of or relating to the languages that developed from Latin, such as Italian, French, Spanish, and Portuguese, or to the peoples that speak them.
    a. Of or relating to the peoples, countries, or cultures of Latin America.
    b. Of or relating to Latinos or their culture.
    5. Of or relating to the Roman Catholic Church.
    Romano28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Sep 16, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eljay1103
    I dont know if I put this is the right category but I was wondering if Italians were considered Latins or Latinos??

The words Latin and Latino means the same thing. It depends who says them. The Italians Spaniards,Romanians Portuguese say Latino. The French, or English-speaking say Latin.

ITALIANS ARE THE NUMBER ONE LATINO OR AS YOU WISH LATIN PEOPLE. Spaniards,French,Portuguese and Romanians having inherited the basic culture of Italy: the Latin language of Italy, the Roman Christian religion ,Roman Laws and way of life , are considered to be of the same Latin family.

ALL THE OTHERS ARE FAKE PHONY AND A FRAUD. THE LATIN WAS BORN IN ITALY AND NOT IN SPAIN AND NOT IN THE SO-CALLED "LATIN AMERICA". People of Spanish-speaking "Americas" can only claim that they speak languages derived from the Latin and nothing else.
    EVERY ITALIAN MAN IS A LATINO (LATIN)
    EVERY ITALIAN WOMAN IS A LATINA (LATIN)
    THE OTHERS CAN TAKE A WALK.
    REAL LATINS-REAL LATINOS
    Romano28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Sep 16, 2007, 08:34 AM
    [QUOTE=Clough]Here is something else from the following site: Latin - definition of Latin by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Lat·in (ltn)
    n.
    a. The Indo-European language of the ancient Latins and Romans and the most important cultural language of western Europe until the end of the 17th century.
    b. The Latin language and literature from the end of the third century b.c. to the end of the second century a.d.
    a. A member of a Latin people, especially a native or inhabitant of Latin America.
    b. A Latino or Latina.
    3. A native or resident of ancient Latium.
    adj.
    1. Of, relating to, or composed in Latin: a Latin scholar; Latin verse.
    a. Of or relating to ancient Rome, its people, or its culture.
    b. Of or relating to Latium, its people, or its culture.
    3. Of or relating to the languages that developed from Latin, such as Italian, French, Spanish, and Portuguese, or to the peoples that speak them.
    a. Of or relating to the peoples, countries, or cultures of Latin America.
    b. Of or relating to Latinos or their culture.
    5. Of or relating to the Roman Catholic Church.[/QUOTE

Incorrect definition: Even though the Latins originated in the province of Latium (now Lazio) in Italy, the Latin language was incorporated by the Romans after they defeated the next door Latins. The Latin or lingua Latina became the language of Roman Italy and after that the language of the Roman world.
    All the Italians became Latins.
    Most of the above definition are out of the real Roman Italy and Roman Europe historical development. People of "Latin America" are not culturally Latins. Latin America ceased to exist 200 years ago.

REAL LATINS-REAL LATINOS

ITALIANS ARE THE ONLY LATINOS /LATINAS.
    eljay1103 Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Sep 16, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Hmmm thanks for that descriptive answer... I huess that answers me
    missy- Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 12:25 PM

NO I am half Latina and I asked my mum.. Italians are european

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search