Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovinarms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Leaving state without permission
    My children are in the primary residential custody of their father and are being physically abusedby him and the stepmom and nobody will do anything if I take my kids and leave state what will happen if the court order states niether parent can remove the minor children from the state of Florida
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 11:15 PM
    If the father has primary custody and you take the children it is kidnapping. You can be arrested and serve jail time. It will hurt you case in regards to trying to have you children with you, and will not be looked favorably upon in court.

Plan and simple, it is not the right thing to do. It is breaking the law.

You need to go about this the right way. If the children are being abused you need to call and report him to Child and Family Services, they will investigate. In the meantime, request an emergency hearing to protect the children, and fight for custody.

I cannot stress enough, for you and the children, do not do this, its kidnapping and you will be on the run forever trying to hide.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 11:26 PM
    If you take the children from the custody of the father and he has legal custody then if your state views interfering with custody as a criminal offense, you could be arrested and put in jail.

Some states have it as a criminal charge others it is just a civil issue.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2007, 08:04 PM
    You could be held in contempt of court and charged with kidnapping. You need to notify CHild Protective Services for Florida of your concerns, then file a motion for custody of the kids. You may also want to notify your childrens' school(s) of your concerns as CPS is more likely to respond to an inquiry from a school than from a non-custodial parent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaving the state [ 5 Answers ]

A friend of mine needs held knowing his rights his ex wife is leaving the state with his 2 children. They have joint custody she has final say so. But does he have any rights. He lives in Georgia

Leaving the state [ 6 Answers ]

Hi--considering moving to calif(other coast/far away) for a new start and hopefully gainful employment after having been divorced/seperated for 8 years. The kids are 11-13-17+18 and will undoubtly be dissapointed--how is best to break the news and do u think it is something I should even consider?...

Leaving the state with unborn child [ 4 Answers ]

My friend wants to leave the state and move back to her hometown. She is pregnant and no longer with the father. She has told him that she is planning to move back home. He has not shown any bit of interest in the pregnancy until now. He has told her that she can't leave and that he already has...

Leaving the state with kids and not letting ex wife know [ 4 Answers ]

Please help!! My fiancé and I are going to see my family out of state for Thanksgiving, he is to have his children that weekend, we want the kids to go with us, but his Ex wife is refusing to let them go even if it is our time. What would happen if we took the kids out of state with out...

Leaving the state after a divorce [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Pennsylvania with my husband for over a year. I now want a divorce. We have two children and I would like to go back home to NC where I have my family support. I don't have anybody in Pennsylvania except my husband and his family. I have a large family back in NC and would have a lot...

View more questions Search