Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atticguy Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2005, 04:23 AM
    Tempered glass near drain?!
    Replacement window guy says I need tempered glass in the window over kitchen sink (within 6' of a drain) is he blowin' smoke up my sunshine stopper?

And why? What does it matter if there is a drain there? :confused:

Please enlighten me. :o
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2005, 07:32 AM
    He may very well be convinced of it for some reason, but it is not a standard for the industry.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2005, 07:50 AM
    Codes are constantly being upgraded and changes are poorly publicized. I haven't heard of any such thing, and don't see a good reason for it, but it could be . Could also be some local thing. I would ask the guy for a reference to why. You could also check with the local building department.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help with glass [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here, I like working with glass, I am on most evenings

Cutting glass [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way to cut glass easily? I've tried a little red tool that was recommended at Home Depot, but must not be strong enough to score it deeply enough. What other way is there? There must be some other way to do it. Maybe an attachment for a household drill or something?

Glass Staircase [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find a resource to replace my staircase in my 2 Level condo with a glass staircase. I live in Maryland. Thanks

Glass stairs [ 0 Answers ]

Please if anyone can help me in finding data about installation of glass stairs. I really need it

Fiber Glass shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

My drain broke without me knowing. The strainer was still attached to the shower floor with some surrounding caulk. Water has been running in and around drain pipe creating a lot of moisture underneath the shower floor. Also, a strong lingering odor, I'm assuming from moisture and mold has...

View more questions Search