Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noldeml Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 07:40 PM
    How do I get a copy of my transcripts if the school has closed?
    I can not find the school anymore and need to get copies of my transcripts for my current college to get credits for my past classes. How do I get these records if the school shut its doors? Is there a government organization that can help me? Who do I call?

I am really frustrated.:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 11:21 PM
    What type of school, if this was a public school, the school district would most likely have them.

If this was a private school, it is very possible they just are gone.

If this was an accedited school that would have classes that would transfer, most likley some other school has their records.

What is the school, where is the school located, when did you take classes there. Who were they accredited with ?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 11:54 PM
    Unless you're going back over 50 years, any school that you would have attended (in the US, anyway) has their records stored with another college when their doors close. Any accredited school should, anyway.

Try googling your school and the word "transcript". That should pull up a link to the school that is holding YOUR school's transcripts.

I worked as an admissions officer for 4 years--there are VERY few schools that you can't get the transcript for at all, and the majority of those were private schools that closed their doors more than 50 years ago.
    jolejeune Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 07:01 PM
    Delta Career College is closed and I need to get copies of my transcripts for my current college. How do I get these records if the school shut its doors? Is there a government organization that can help me? Who do I call?
    fideaux Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 09:43 AM
    If you went to the Delta Career College in Louisiana, you can contact the LA Board of Regents at (225) 342-4253.
    fideaux Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 09:43 AM
    If you went to the Delta Career College in Louisiana, you can contact the LA Board of Regents at (225) 342-4253.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

College transcripts [ 4 Answers ]

Where do transcripts end up if a college closes down?

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

How to find transcript from closed school [ 48 Answers ]

How do I find my transcript from a closed school?

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

Transcript from closed down school [ 6 Answers ]

I need to find my transcript from a business school that has closed down. How would I do that?

View more questions Search