Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Fire Magic Barbecue
    Hello Every one I have posted this before and haven't got a good respond hope some one will lead me to the right direction, I don't want to cut the concrete.

We moved to a new house and we have a Fire Magic Barbecue regal II Model #15-S2Sop-o
    Running with propane gas, I would like to convert it to Natural gas and the orifice kit is on hand, the question is can I use a rubber pipe instead cutting the concrete and run a black pipe, the gas out let is approx. 15 feet away form the barbecue.

We can't move the unit due to it is a huge Hawaiian Islander type barbecue, a friend told me that I can fabricate a rubber hose with proper fittings, connect the pipe when we use it and disconnect after we done with the Barbecue, I did go to a hardware sore and they told me that they can make the rubber hose (line) for me, please advise.
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Sep 7, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Try posting over in Plumbing...
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 07:13 PM
    There places that can make a hose for you. Look in the phone book under hydraulic hoses. And yes you can have the fast disconnects, and you can disconnect when not in use. But while in use you have to be very careful that someone does not stumble over the hose. I thin the hose would be strong enough that it would not be pulled apart if someone did stumble over it.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Hmm, I would think if you were just going to have it hooked up while you were using it and cut off the source after use, the rubber may be o.k.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 07:45 PM
    You could even use a hose that is for use on an air compressor but you would have to adapt the fittings to be what you need to connect to your grill and your gas source.
    If you had a way you might make the gas hose go up and over to your grill, maybe running it down a post that is close. That way you might leave it connected all the time.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Thanks to all, you guys mad my day I will get the right type of hose that it be strong enough that it would not be pulled apart if someone did stumble over it, and will let you guys know when I get it done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fire Magic barbecue [ 6 Answers ]

We moved to a new house and we have a Fire Magic Barbecue regal II Model #15-S2Sop-o Running with propane gas, I would like to convert it to Natural gas and the orifice kit is on hand, the question is can I use a rubber pipe instead cutting the concret and run a black pipe, the gas out let is...

How does magic work? [ 7 Answers ]

Can you give me some advise about dating.. first ask a girl out then blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... what's the best aproch to a teenage girl..

How to on this magic trick [ 10 Answers ]

I was bored one day and decided to look on YouTube at some magic tricks. I found this guy, and I was wondering how this trick was done. http://www.youtube.com/v/-MLPS9Zq2nM It's about 8 minutes long and mostly in Japanese, but you don't really need to know what they're saying. Any insight...

Magic Eye [ 1 Answers ]

For my art subject, I want to create a magic eye where you can see a logo I have designed. Does anybody know where I can download a magic eye creator that lets you incorperate your own designs into the magic eye?

True magic [ 4 Answers ]

I thought it appropriate to post my question here. Don't ask me why. I don't see how to rate some ones post. How do I do that? Huh? Huh?

View more questions Search